1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Gator skull reference

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by RWOOD, May 23, 2013.

1. RWOOD

RWOOD New Member

I don't know if this has been posted before (I've never seen it), but this website is an awesome reference for that gator skull that is in a million pieces after masseration or degreasing. Has 3D models with every bone pictured and highlighted on the skull.

http://web.missouri.edu/~hollidayca/3DAnatomy/Alligator3D.htm

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Thank you for that. I had not seen that one. I saved the entire page to a file .. just in case it vanishes some day.

3. RWOOD

RWOOD New Member

I have actually been in contact with the creators of that page and asked them to create a high resolution pdf of the bottom half of the webpage that we could print out in a poster size. They are very receptive of the idea and said they would work on it.

4. fogbound

fogbound Member

What a great resource! I just happen to have that "I wanted to try it once" small gator skull in a bunch of pieces. I had no idea how many pieces there were to a gator skull. This is what i was looking for to get back to this project...!

5. WOW....that would have saved me some time!!!!

6. Voltrax

Voltrax New Member

Hmmm...

Attached Files:

7. coop1212

coop1212 Active Member

ms
    Its bad when you can look at those parts and already know where they go!

8. Shannon you only took in like 200 alligators last year. LOL
    Fixing to gear up for another one. Season hasn't started and I have 3 going with 2 more on the way. Going to be busy again.