1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Modge Podge syringe needle saver

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Mr.T, May 26, 2013.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I was tired of my modge podge applicator always being dried up each time I went to use it, and use to just place the syringe in a cup of water, but the water kept evaporating in between uses. So I took a small gatorade bottle and drilled a hole the exact size of the syringe, pushed the syringe in for a snug fit, filled the bottle with water and kept the cap on, and the modge podge syringe is always ready to go now, I have used this same syringe for a couple of years now.

[​IMG]

2. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

good idea Paul

3. Awesome, I was always having the same problem. You should patent that idea, and sell it,lol. I'm making me one today.

4. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

Cool idea. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Will a Mountain Dew Bottle work or does it have to be a clear bottle :eek: :eek: :eek: ::) ::) ::) :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ;D. LOL LOL . just kidding .

Thanks for sharing. 8) 8) 8)

5. I use an applicator bottle - I think I got it from Jpe Coombs - that has a small wire that goes in the tip. I never have any problems.

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Will not work with just any bottle. Must be an Orange Flavored Gatorade bottle. ;)

7. Great idea.

8. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Good Job T!

9. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Good post "T"! I use the applicator tip and bottles sold by Van Dyke. I learned to remove the tips and place them in a small jar with a lid containing water. Nothing is as frustrating as spending 20-30 minutes trying to get a clogged tip working again. I'm in the south, will and "RC" cola bottle work, LOL!

10. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Joey.....only if......

RC Cola.....and a moon pie.

:)

Kerby...

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

It should Murph, RC Cola taste just as good up here too, it is one of my Favs.

12. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Some wise ole taxidermist from Delaware turned me on to the same tips that dentist use to apply filling material from a syringe. It works great.

13. eliscull

eliscull Nov. 2011

NJ
    hmm just thinking why not just put the whole thing in the bottle of water and cap it???

14. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

How would you remove the syringe and not spill a drop of water? Drill a hole in the neck, and you will never need to remove the cap.

15. capnmike

capnmike New Member

Ok I will let you guys in on a little secret. I poke my syringes in a peice of foam and when I am ready to use them I heat the tip up with a lighter and go to work. Only takes a second. No bottles

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. I also use the applicator bottles. When I am done using it I just wash the tip out with warm water and place a piece of saran wrap over the bottle and replace the applicator tip back on bottle

17. eliscull

eliscull Nov. 2011

NJ
    Nice little tips low-t and capnmike. I love hearing peoples little discoveries.

18. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

I just squirt a little water into the cap that goes on over the needle, snap it back on , works great.

19. tem

tem Well-Known Member

x2

20. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I use to do that, but it will dry out eventually if you do not use it often.