1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #19

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by FF/Birdman, May 27, 2013.

1. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Active Member

:) Happy Memorial Day. Wow what a great first week. So many artists showing off their beautiful works. In sticking with our Memorial Day theme maybe everyone could post a picture or 2 of some old mounts that remind us of those that are no longer with us. I will kick off this week with a mount that I completed for my brother. He has been wanting a nice prime specimen for years and he finally got lucky this past December. This piece brings to mind all the great hunts we have had together thru the years. It was well worth the wait. I am inviting everyone to come and share your work with all of us here at BOTW.

[​IMG]

2. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Very nice job of that Hoodie! A well done hood makes for a standout mount in any showroom. Here is an older piece

[​IMG]

3. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

Nothing special, just a mallard dead mount.

Attached Files:

4. babak

babak Active Member

i just keep visiting and no bird to show off, i passed great week and moments with your hosting Paul and it was fascinating seeing some of your great mounts and art pieces!keep coming my friends ,,,sorry i couldn't participate in your week and this one for the reason i stated before !

good job dmac 1175!!

5. Those hoods are tough birds from start to finish, came out really nice, buff as well. Always have to give a shout out for the straps!

This is one from I think 2006, wish pictures could truly capture the colors. Wood ducks especially.

[​IMG]

Eric

6. Here's a cool wigeon scene from last year I really liked.

[​IMG]

Eric

7. Can't forget about this very cool hybrid I was fortunate enough to mount last year. Should mention this was a wild bird shot, not aviary specials.

[​IMG]

Eirc

8. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Active Member

Hello Jim McNamara and thanks for your post of the cute little buffie. I love working on them and you did a very nice job. They do make for some cool mounts.

babak, glad to hear from you. Good to see you checking in and keeping an eye on BOTW. Visit any time my friend.

AAR, Eric I appreciate your good participation and as always I enjoy seeing your beautiful works. Great base work. Keep them coming buddie. Eric, while I am ready to log off BOTW for the night I see your 2 recent posts. Very nice teal hybrid and a knock out pair of drake wigeon. Love the mounts and basework.

It has been a long day so I will close for the night, Paul.

9. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Thanks guys for keeping us going...
    Beautiful mounts so far,,,sorry I havent been contributing so much recently,, just too muck time in the shop and not much online.
    anyhow,,, I will get some mounts ready to post, and here is the first Adult Male Prairie I got the chance to get my hands on,,, all I have done before have been female, so its kind of new to myself too.
    cheers everyone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Remarkable work everyone. I'm enjoying birds more and more! I'm working on a fawn mount now and a few turkeys. Hope to join in on the fun again soon. In the meantime keep them coming!

11. Pair of Buffleheads.....

Attached Files:

12. bigworm

bigworm Member

Great work everyone here is what I been working on this week.[​IMG]

13. Jason R

Jason R Ph# 325-282-2527

Great work everyone!!!

14. Such a pleasure seeing all the beautiful Taxidermy work on this site.

15. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Great work all.

Eric, love the harli

Falco.....your work always amazes me.

16. babak

babak Active Member

great mounts every one!!!
    AAR, i love your mounts ,specially that male wigeons are really nice!
    Ben,your mount are speechless the best!! "terekoondi !! vagean mah'share behnam jan"

17. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Hi together,
    after having a great week let pass this week is coming up really great. I am speechless.
    Paul, your hoodie is great,
    Jim, your buffie is so cute, looks clean and smooth,
    dmay, your strap is coming out real good,
    Tim, your buffies look so nice, I love those butterballs,
    bigworm, good deadmount and what shall I say,
    Eric, your wigeons, the hybrid and your harly are fantastic show-pieces and
    Ben, your hand for birds of prey like your owls and this falcon are so fantastic in detail, everytime a great pose and your birds look like they are alive, and so, I did not want to post my crap but I will do, so everyone can see the difference.
    So, here is a horned owl, being in the freezer for 26 years and I did it for a local hunting school and second a tit that died at a breeder last winter, Rainer

Attached Files:

18. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

and the tit

Attached Files:

• tit.jpg
      tit.jpg
      File size:
      102.5 KB
      Views:
  19. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Active Member

Hello BOTW friends. Yesterday was a little slower due to Memorial Day but BOTW it is up and going full speed today. I love all the amazing work being posted. Keep them coming. I will be leaving for vacation tomorrow so I will be checking in when time permits. Take care, Paul.

falco, awesome looking falcon. Simiply amazing with great attention to every detail. Your bird looks very much alive. My hats off to you my friend.

DogSoldierChick, glad to see you enjoying birds more and more. BOTW is a great place to learn and share your love for birds with some amazing bird artists. I will be on the look out for more of your bird mounts in the future.

TimMclagan, love the bufies. They are fun birds to work on and you have a piece to be proud of. Thanks for sharing.

bigworm, good looking dead mount. Dead mounts are getting more and more popular and yours came out nice.

rai_red, good jobs on the horned owl and tit. I bet you are glad to get the owl out of the freezer after 26 years. From looking at the owl I would have never guess it was frozen for that long.

I am signing off for now, and will be on the plane early tomorrow AM headed for a trip to the Adirondack Mountains in upsate New York, Paul.

20. jptaxi

jptaxi New Member

IL
    [​IMG]

dont get the chance to mount very many of these, very nice work this week