1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Great product from Dale Manning

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by Mitrooper27, May 28, 2013.

1. I deceided to purchase a rock panel from Dale for a Moutain Goat project. He was out of town at the world show but Jennifer helped me place an order. Her customer service was top notch all the way around. Shipping was reasonable and quick.

I was briefly overwhelmed by a large box of oddly shaped rock pieces but subsequently I started working them in place, creating angles and depth. It took me a few hours, but the end result was impressive. I mixed up seaming material in 3 batches and textured it with tin foil. After it was dry I sealed it with poly acrylic and colored it a few hours later with tempra paints and water. I finished with a coat of Krylon matte finish.

I have never used any of the other rock panels available so I cannot compare them but I will say this, the texture on Dale's rock is outstanding. Very convincing even on my first try. The foam is very dense and holds drywall screws very well. There was enough product in the HR1 panel for a lifesize Mountain Goat. I had a few smaller pieces left over that will work for another small base. The end result is a much better product than I could have produced without it.

Thanks to Dale and company for a great product that I will continue to use. Mark

2. I like his stuff too!

3. engc237

engc237 Well-Known Member

super guy to deal with also A+

4. Thanks for the nice comments you guys. Just saw this tonight. I appreciate your business and support. Dale

5. Ric

Ric Member

Yep, Dale is a great guy and his product is top notch as well!

Ric