1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fish eye setting help

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by luke19231, Jun 1, 2013.

1. luke19231

luke19231 New Member

I've ordered my first king salmon blank from Rich at Angling Artisans and need a bit of help. The head comes pre attached and i need some basic help in setting the fish eyes without detaching the head or doing some major cutting. Help with using apoxie sculpt...dremmiling out the eye socket....etc. Any tutorials or information is very helpful. Just a beginner looking to improve my fish mounting IQ. Thanks.

2. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

I think there was a tutorial by anglers artisians on setting a bluegill eye. Ask Jillian if she can give you site. It will give you the basic idea.

3. Rick Krane of Anglers Artistry has a few wonderful videos on www.youtube.com showing the setting of any eye. At least it has been on there for some time, I assume it is still on there. It don't come any better than what he shows. Or buy one of his videos and he has it on there for sure.

Gene

4. I drill out one eye hole. Pour in some expanding foam(won't take much) Put tape over the eye hole. hold fish with head down till foam sets up. Pull off tape and cut out other eye hole. You now have backing for setting the eyes.

Use just enough foam to fill the head, no need to foam the whole inside of the fish.

5. luke19231

luke19231 New Member

Thank you for all the help everyone.

6. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

PM sent