1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mammals of the Month - June 2013

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by code6202, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Diesel_19

Diesel_19 New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Some beautiful mounts this month! I love that coyote! As a predator hunter who has seen many a coyote come in looking just like that! You nailed it!

3. Fawn

Fawn New Member

EKTA Trapper's Rendevous Donation

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. This is my first fawn... It's drying and still needs finish work. My daughter asked me for one when I first started taxidermy about 6 months ago. This fawn was from a game farm and was still born. It was like trying to mount a wet paper towel. LOL. I used the van dykes blue eyes. Since it was premature I assumed the eyes would be vivid blue. My daughter loves it, though doing another I think I would use the brown and blue fawn eyes by tohickon. Comments are appreciated...

PS sorry for the poor picture quality. I will post better pics when finished out.

Attached Files:

5. Bob Mead

Bob Mead Mead Taxidermy Studio, LLC

Finished up this little Gray today...

Attached Files:

6. silverbuck

silverbuck New Member

Beautiful mounts Codi !!!!!

7. Outstanding work everyone!

8. I'm also doing a fawn and i would like to know where you did make your incision because the dorsal hair are very short.

9. That fawn was belly cut. Since it was so small I had to cut the form down alot and its the smallest one made. When it came to getting the legs on the form I generally had to cut the front knees on the form and slide that part in the form then reattach the bottom of the leg at the knee and slide it on around. Im not sure how big your fawn is but the hair slips easy and you can't put much pressure on the skin when pulling taxing it on the form. I was generous with the hide paste to get it to slide on the form. I cut the form in half also to get it on due to the belly cut. Altering the form is easier than trying to pull at the hide and having it tear. You could case skin one too. I have 3 more to do that are for clients. On the standing one I cased it and on the laying one I did a belly cut and also cut a little on down each leg. I'd rather repair that than fight the hide on.

10. Steven .B

Steven .B New Member

Great job all.. Dog you did a good job on that fawn keep up the good work!!!!

11. Thanks for helping Dog !

12. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fox Squirrel Just finished today.Still needs finish work.

13. HunterBrowning

HunterBrowning New Member

Diesel, awesome coyote!

14. fritztaxidermy

fritztaxidermy New Member

[​IMG]

15. Nice Badger. My first is at the tannery. I can't wait to get it back and trying hand at it. Beautiful animals and yours looks so natural!

16. Love that fox squirrel!

17. Thank you I liked it and I think I did well on it.

18. A NJ Red
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]