1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Don't buy a EZ-Stand mounting stand from John Morley

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by 22Fathoms, Oct 7, 2006.

1. 22Fathoms

22Fathoms New Member

Utah
    I am fed up with people who ignore emails and calls for a month while they have my money, so here is dude who does not deserve business. I also don't care if he comes on here, like all the other bad sellers, and says, "I sent you an email", or, "I tried calling you". After ignoring me for 11 days, he sends me an email and says the stand is on the way. After two weeks, nothing. He could have mailed it from Russia and it would have had plenty of time to get to me. We need a bad seller list on here. I am sick of getting ripped off.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

I think you may be just venting, you are bashing someone thats been around here allot longer then you have, and the archive is full of satisfied customers of Johns. There may be a good reason for him to not respond. I find it hard to believe your rant with all the good things posted in the past of John and his mounting stands.

3. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

What reason would he have to lie? I hate nothing more than attempting to do business w/ an individual or company, only to have phone messages and emails ignored. I even more hate being lied to or given the run around about something. Unprofessional at best.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

I understand that we should expect fast service and good communication, but this industry is made up of individuals like you and me. We do our best and bend over backwards to serve others, then one day you could be called away to another State with sickness of a family member, or find yourself in a hospital laid up for weeks. Who knows, but I would check out his background ( and I didn't find anything negative in the archive on John) and wait it out another two or three weeks.
    Posting negative about anybody should be done with caution and with facts, and not out of anger.
    But if he said it shipped and two weeks later it is still not delivered, something is wrong. I guess there is a first for everything.

5. 22Fathoms

22Fathoms New Member

Utah
    Mr. T, how about minding your own business? Thanks

6. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

you should have kept yours off here then.

7. Wildchild 69

Wildchild 69 Trust Me!!!

If it truly was shipped then there should be some sort of tracing #'s to check on. That would seem logical in this scenerio. ???

8. trash

trash Guest

22fathoms....thanks for the heads-up on this scum!
    :mad:

9. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I bought a stand from john. When it arrived I saw that it was not going to fit into our system. It was an issue with the mounting brackets. Nothing wrong with the stand just not compatible with our system. So we returned it , no problem, got our money back, John was to great to do business with. I would deal with him anytime.

10. R.U.DUN.YET

R.U.DUN.YET New Member

PA
    John is one of the most honerable people I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with. Something is being left out here. We are only hearing one side of this story. I'm sure John will chime in soon and Set the facts straight.

11. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

22Fathoms, YOU made it our business by bringing it on here to vent your spleen over. ELEVEN DAYS? Hell, I wish I could get my customers to pick up their mounts in two weeks and here you're losing it over 11 days. Then you pick up some gutless "guest" (was it your?) to add fuel to a fire you started. The stands are made individually and not by a big production company. Otherwise, someone like McKenzie, Van Dykes, or Research could have gotten you your demanded immediate gratification. Don't come on here with that "mind your own business" crap after you slandered a man that most of us have had no problems at all with. YOU mind YOUR'S and keep it off the internet.

12. The Taxidermologist

The Taxidermologist New Member

22 Fathoms - your comments are a disgrace in my eyes. I could think of no reason for you to post this thread unless you are selling a competitor model of a deer mounting stand. Eleven whole days - WOW, my god, maybe you should get the police involved. Most everything I order on the internet says to allow 2-4 weeks for shipping, and I don't get worried if it takes 5 weeks. I have sent items through the mail from PA to New Jersey that took 30 days to get there - and that was first class.

I have met John and like most people he is probably busy for 18 hours out of an 18.5 hours of daylight. His mounting stands are great, and I surmise as they are custom built, he isn't making great money on them. I believe you owe him an apology.

And to the person "trash", well you certainly are...

13. 22Fathoms

22Fathoms New Member

Utah
    George and the fake professor, I work for myself, so I cannot afford to wait 30 days for a product that I spent my money on. One of you is not self-employed and one of you is a spokesperson for the EZ-Stand, so quit pretending to be the moral compass of T-Net when you aren't in my shoes. I have the same privilege as you do on this site, so speak your peace and move on. Meanwhile, please send me some of your money to hold for 30 days and I promise I will not send it back.

14. JonHarleTX

JonHarleTX Ya'll hear that. George just signed in. Quick Hide

I think your original post has done nothing more than come back and slap you in the face. I normally stay out of these squabbles, but "Fake Professor" was totally un-called for. You obviously have no clue as to who Mr Rogers is, nor after your name calling ever will. Not only does Mr Rogers have more information stored in his brain that most of us have forgotten, but what he doesn't know he has available to him at his fingertips. If you know him, then you know what that statement is in reference to.

I called on his advice once.. I had a Harpy Eagle skin sent to me from South America without any carcass reference. Within in 2 weeks from my initial email inquiry I had a package on my doorstep with hand drawn reference sketches from a formalin study specimen, not to mention a stack of literature an inch thick from numerous publications on my subject. He didn't have to do any of that for me, but he did and didn't ask for a dime. Also, incase you were wondering, you don't just call the taxidermist down the street to get a reference study that would make DaVinci himself blush on a freaking Harpy Eagle.

I'm not saying you should come on here and kiss rosy cheeks all day at all, but you really should be more careful about the bridges you burn. You never know who is on the other end, and when and how you may need a helping hand. It is easy to hide behind a computer and that in turn has made many forget what the term "respect" means.

So go ahead now and send a huge bashing back in my direction. Trust me, my bridges are strong and in no danger of falling simply because I choose to respect others, even those that I do not know because last time I checked that was what our momma's taught us to do.

Opinions, which yes you are intitled to, can be made easily and respectfully without slanderous name calling.

Good Day.
    Jon~

15. Bruce Foster

Bruce Foster Guest

Jon, well said, and I agree with your post.......Stephen is a wealth of knowledge, and we are all very lucky to have him here.....he speaks his mind, often bluntly, but he has the information and knowledge to back up his posts......22Fathoms.....I am sure, there is a logical explanation to the whole matter, and you will get your stand.....we all have to deal with setbacks, in this field, and patience is surely the sign of a good artist.....I am sure, if you have chosen this stand over others, in the end, you will most likely be very satisfied and find the wait well worth it.......make due until then..........all IMO

16. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

22Fathoms is quite descriptive of where your integrity just went. You act like you're the Lone Ranger and you chose a public forum to trash someone who earns his money just like you do. Eleven days is just about as stupid as one could get for a reason to slander someone. I'm no spokesperson for ANYONE at anytime. If a product works, I say so without being paid to do it. And trust me, when Stephen Rogers steps in and tells someone like you that your comments are tasteless, and degrading, you can bet this whole industry just found you out to be what you are: a simple ass. In fact, I don't EVER recall Stephen admonishing anyone before so now YOU are a leader in the industry.

I notice you didn't address my question as to if you were "Trash" or not, though it seems a rhetorical question now. I'd suggest you change your name really soon if you plan on ever getting any help on this site. We'll ALL remember you from now on.

17. oldshaver

oldshaver Guest

Bruce, on the lighter side, how the hell did you get hold of my baby pictures?