1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

thickening modge podge

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by masterdunbar, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Not sure what it is but my modge podge seems a little runny.........anyone know how to thicken it up? when it comes to nose work, runny podge just doesnt do it for me!

2. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Shake it up. If that doesn't do the trick leave the lid off over night and then shake it up.

3. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Stirring it up works even better than just shaking it. Use a tongue depressor type craft stick, wooden paint mixer, narrow rubber spatula, whatever can get to the bottom of the container, and mix thoroughly. This is just common sense.

4. HAHAAH Bellucci you jack wagon. I am asking what I can ADD to the modge podge to thicken it. Not how to stir it up.............. I stir it up each time I use it.

"This is just common sense".............yer little jabs aren't neccessary.

5. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Pour what you need out and let it air dry until it gets to the thickness you want!

6. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

You could add a touch of cabosil.

But for your purpose, I would just let it air dry a little, as others have suggested.

7. LordRusty

Ohio
    Well if you can't handle it as is, you are the one with the problem. So the jabs ARE necessary!

8. John.............get over yourself dude. Go to the gym, start a non-profit.........do something to better yourself rather than trying to bring everyone down to your level ad mental state in life (which by the way you respond to people's posts can only be a life of misery and insecurity). Leaving comments in your replies as if "Everyone" is so inferior to you is not necessary nor welcomed. Shut it down and pet your kitty.

CRAP..........I just realized I wasted 15 seconds of my life writing this post that will make ZERO difference and you will continue being your simple minded, self indulged self. Never getting that time back in my life. I COULD HAVE BEEN STIRRING MY MODGE PODGE!!!! HAH

9. tenpointtaxi

tenpointtaxi New Member

Well said Dunbar. So sick of all the superior, know it all, ignorant individuals on this board. There are those who don't know it all and still follow the old adage the only stupid question is the question not asked. I to was interested in how to thicken mod podge but t be honest, I had never even thought of trying to thicken it, so shows how simple I am. Guess I can just sit here and read and dream of having the superior knowledge of guys like JB.

This is a great forum for learning for the most part but negative comments that do nothing for helping others out provide little proof of your so called expertise. Thanks to those who responded with useful info on this and other topics.

10. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

90 % of the dumb ass questions asked on here could be answered with 15 seconds of thought or 1/2 a brain.. im not in the JB fan club, but I thought id take 15 seconds to type this and say I have to agree with what he said..

Remember when adults said the only dumb question is the ones never asked? WRONG, they were being nice and considerate of your feelings..

11. roonie

roonie Member

hang on boys......goin to fire up the popcorn maker. :D

12. This is hilarious.....yes Roonie, save some pop for me bro.......just reaching out to see if anyone had a trick on what one could do to thicken modge podge a little more......something out of the ordinary (something other than keeping the lid off for the night or STIRRING IT......which are all fine ideas........ones I had ALREADY thought of but just wanted to check with everyone for something else)......LIKE THE CABOSIL IDEA.....THANK YOU KEITH.....I had no idea about that stuff and will try it out........but sorry to have wasted everyones time. you will never get that time back in your life that you wasted reading this post. Even though I didnt get the exact info I was looking for (though I will try Keith's idea) I think it is safe to say I atleast learned that I have less than 1/2 a brain, I give everything less than 15 seconds of thought AND my parents lied to me throughout childhood. HAHA!!!!

Hoytman............yer just as bad as JB. have fun together boys.

13. Actually on 2nd thought...........Shame on you Keith for answering some a dumb ass question!!!!!! :)

14. People never cease to amaze me....How someone can come off....on a post....on the Internet.... as some super know it all derelict....? When all that's asked is a question? It's amazing anyone is on these sites.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

15. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

You're Welcome ;D

16. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Did you know that when B,J walks through a crowd that he beeps to let everyone know that his mass is moving. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP :eek:

17. boss400

boss400 Member

I hope you guys are just joking JB answer didn't sound offensive to me

18. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I'm not joking and he'll be the first one to admit it. He was beeping as he was walking through the World Show Lobby.

19. LordRusty

Ohio
    Well, the troll speaks!

20. LordRusty

Ohio
    Awww ... I'm hurting widdle feelings ... too bad!