1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

advice on transactions over the Internet

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by Audra, Jun 7, 2013.

1. I am new to taxidermy.net and kinda new to the internet. I was wondering what's the best way to do transactions over the Internet. I have some deer mount to sell and a buyer potentially waiting. Assuming he would not be willing to send a check through the mail ( which I don't blame him). If anybody have any advice on alternative ways of transactions I would appreciate it.
    thank you
    Audra

2. The buyer should pay through paypal, postal money order or certified check. If they choose to pay with the postal money order or check they should send it priority mail with signature required "that way no one can say they didn't get it and you get the check within 4 days". But by far paypal is the fastest, easiest and safest way to pay. Also with paypal you should be paid within a few hours verses a few days.

3. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

gunner you are a fine one to talk. I have not forgotton you ordered a specialy item just for you, an item that required boxing first to know the shipping. then beat me down omn price to boot after I procured and boxed it. no ck ever came after your assurances we had a deal. then upon my pm-ing a week later where is the $ you again assured me it is on the way. then a 3rd time said it must havegot lost in the mail and now you didn`t want the item anyway on accouint of I was wondering where the heck the money is after 3 weeks of excuses and no money.

4. Bob I learned my lesson with checks when I tried to deal with you. Thats why I only buy with paypal now. But I have learned you need to send checks with signater confirmation and the quicker the better. I have nothing against you and just wish that you would move on. We all learn from mistakes. I to have had my fair share of no deals but you don't see my posting about them. I was younger then and have matured alot hope you have done the same. But I still stand by my word in saying that I did send you a check.
    PS: I'm still not female.

5. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Honestly...there are few that I would deal with on taxi net...I've had some send me stuff with no payment...i was like hey, what the heck...they just trusted me....I've also sent the same way. Checks are cool...just as long as you trust the payer...get to know ppl on here...and do your research before you buy or sell. I look at a profile first and check their posts...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. Josh are those turkey calls? Did you make them? if so do you sell them?

7. drstephers

drstephers New Member

The best way is to accept Paypay - that way you get your money right away, and both sides are protected. And when shipping, always buy the tracking (usually only costs a couple extra bucks), so a customer doesn't get it and then claim it never got there. And it's smart to use insurance as well. If it's damaged on the way to its destination, you won't have to refund the money that way.

If you sell a lot of things, it is a smart idea to set up your own website that has what you have available on it, lots of pictures, and the prices. That way there are fewer questions the customer has to ask. I see sellers whining on here all the time that potential customers ask a thousand questions and then never buy. So if you have a lot of information available to the customer upfront, they won't bother you with all those questions. Have a paypal button on your site so they can buy it straight from there. Simple websites are pretty easy to set up these days.

8. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

well gunner pm me and turns out I was dealing with a 15 year old kid, now 16. had to have his mom write a ck. and she welched on him. so I`m letting this go as gunner does seem remorsful and sorry for the whole thing. maybe we need some kind rule minors not allowed to buy or sell to prevent this type thing. on the net you never know who you are dealing with. in fact business deals with minors are not even enforcible so if you get shafted by a minor you can`t even legally do anything about it.

9. Thanks everyone for the advice
    audra

10. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Audra, i do sell them! Pm me and we can work something out...ill show you how a good transaction and trust is gained :)

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. That would be perfect for a Christmas gift. I will be sure to get back with you on your calls.