1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ungulates that had no value, alive or dead

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by ElephasMaximus, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Most zoos are notorious for destroying animal specimens when they die, showing little mercy for rare and unique species.
    I found an article about horrible case of animal culling at Knowsley Safari Park, dated 2011.
    Lots of ungulates & other animals, including Pere David's deer and blackbucks, were left to rot, unused.
    Nobody even bothered to skin them, or just freeze and sell later... What a shame.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3339224/Merseyside-zoo-killed-animals-and-left-them-to-rot-by-bins.html

2. Yep... Happens to what would retail for MILLIONS Every year.

3. Wow, that's a damn shame. :/

4. bowerbird

bowerbird New Member

quote...
    Edward Parry, the park’s director of operations, said: “We were unaware of the animal by-product regulations about keeping dead animals in a covered enclosure. We held our hands up, admitted we were in the wrong and had a suitable pen erected.

unreal that educated people who know its not good form to even through rubbish around , would leave roting carcasses of entire animals in full sight,,,just pleading the half wit line i guess ....

5. I used to work at an equine veterinary clinic where horses were often euthanized or died, and sat in the back field for up to 12 hours awaiting pickup by the cremation company. On a hot day, one horse could smell up the entire 10 acres of the property by the time they were retrieved. I can't even imagine what THIS could have smelled like, even on 550 acres on a windy hot day. I'm sure visitors had to get a whiff of that stench.

A shame those animals had to endure that. And what a waste of resources.

6. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

That is so disrespectful to those animals. Rare or not you don't leave something rotting like a piece of garbage
    What a waste.