1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

bow needed

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by runingelk66, Jun 13, 2013.

1. runingelk66

runingelk66 New Member

trying to find a bow for a friend.she is a single mom of 3.she gun hunts some but she wants to learn how to bow hunt.has to be a good brand and cheap and in good shape.need to be at least 40lb pull and made for a small frame women.money is tight but she wants one so she can help feed her family.

2. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I have a Bowtec only three years old in perfect condition, fully equipped, (sight, peep, release and arrows with broadheads ) has a 26" draw and adjustable from 50 to 65 lbs. I can no longer draw this bow for physical reasons. $300.00 gets it all.

Jean Lavallee Taxidermy
    88 Turkey hill rd.
    Merrimack.,NH 03054
    603-424-4483

3. bowhunter1342

bowhunter1342 Member

I have a nice older Hoyt that would probably work. Lookin for $200 OBO. I would negotiate a possible trade also. Where are you located?

4. Yes where are you located. My wife is selling her Bowtech Razor, arrows, release and hard case 300.

5. runingelk66

runingelk66 New Member

im in arkansas.

6. You gonna try and make it to the Texas show???

7. runingelk66

runingelk66 New Member

wish i could but cant drive very far with my back.I've got a very bad back have had 2 surgeries and need a 3rd one got 2 pinched nerves between l4 and l5 both side.

8. Badgerland

Badgerland Quality taxidermy & quality deer capes.

I suggest taking her to an archery shop, get her measured up for draw length, find out what she's comfortable drawing poundage-wise, grip preference, release options, etc etc. Then you can say "this" is what you are looking for in a bow set up & what her target price is. The better the bow fits her from the get-go the more enjoyment she'll have :)