1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mike Mulinix

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by catman, Jun 14, 2013.

1. catman

catman Active Member

I received a phone call from a client of his and he told me that Mike was found deceased in his shop yesterday. This is truly sad news.

2. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

So sad. Very talented taxidermist.

3. Talented man. He will be missed.

4. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

Really makes you think sometimes . . . This year has been unreal with the loss of good people and talented taxis. Prayers sent.

5. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

I heard about this last week, but couldn't find any obituary?
    What happened?
    Mike was a very gifted taxidermist. Sad news.

6. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    This really sad to hear !
    I remember Mike used to come into Buckeye Mannikins a lot when he lived here in Ohio. And he was always a pleasure to talk to.
    Prayers sent to his family.

7. TheShed

TheShed Member

He was a great judge. Took the time to give good feedback. Very approachable. Very sad, will be missed

8. K.N Fish Taxidermy

K.N Fish Taxidermy Kenneth Newton Phone#804-867-7736

So sad!!! Praying for them!

9. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Mike was such a good guy and extremely talented. He will be missed.

10. tcrawfo1

tcrawfo1 Member

What an unwelcome surprize. Taught Mike all I knew about bird taxidermy way back when he lived here in Ohio. Took him to his first competition that year...he did very well. Very grateful and very talented young man...and what a great sense of humor. He gave me the biggest "belly laugh" of my life at the World's that year.

I'll sure miss him. Wish I knew what happened to the guy. Rest in peace Michael.

11. double shovel

double shovel SilverWillowTaxidermy

For sure a very talented guy. Had the pleasure of meeting him during a critique of one of my mounts at the 2010 show in Helena. Very nice guy and very helpful and I also attended his seminar that show too. Our thoughts are with his family.
    Curtis

12. Matt

Matt Active Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, very sad news. Does anyone know what happened?

13. Oquirrh

Oquirrh New Member

Mike was a super talented guy. We were looking forward to having him at regional. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

14. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

From what I have gleaned from the interweb, he died of brain cancer. Can't be sure though. You know how the interweb works as far as truth goes. I did not know him. Sounds like another good guy died too soon.

15. dablaw

dablaw Member

Prayers sent to his family....

16. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

I just saw Mike a few short months ago and never knew he was sick, I hope he was able to get his lion though. Rest in peace buddy.

17. B.S.

B.S. New Member

Theirs two different Mike Mulinix . The Mike Mulinix that died of brain cancer was from Wyoming and died in March. Mike Mulinix the taxidermist from Bozeman died unexpectedly last week . May they both rest in peace .

18. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. May they both rest. Amen.

19. Vickigreathouse

Vickigreathouse New Member

Hello, My name is Vicki Greathouse, I was Mike Mulinix' girlfriend. I am sorry to say Michael did pass away Friday June 7, 2013.

Mikes' death was ruled accidental.

We will be having his memorial Saturday August 24, 2013 with his cremations near his home in Montana.

If you have any questions or concerns you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Thank you and my hear goes out to all of Mikes dear friends.