1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

African Nynala Remount

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Daniel M., Jun 19, 2013.

1. very nice

2. BO-N-ARO

BO-N-ARO Hunt hard but hunt safe!

Fabulous! Great recovery and what a toad of a nyala!

3. double shovel

double shovel SilverWillowTaxidermy

Nice work Daniel.

4. lorefuma

lorefuma Member

X2

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

He used experience and talent.

6. Matt

Matt Active Member

VERY nice Daniel, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you!

7. nitt

nitt Member

looks great! u werent up workn all night on that were u?

8. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    Thanks guys :) I always wanted a Nynala to hang on my own wall and this just seemed like a cheap easy way to get a nice set of horns with a matching cape, lol

That is the funniest thing I've ever read on this site, thanks ;D

Mr. Jim, not to give away too many secrets, lol but all I did was work the hide over a dull rounded blade, like a staking tool to break the fibers as well as I could. I also shaved the hide down to the proper thickness :)

The eyelids were by far the worst part of the whole cape, not because they were completely gone, but because they were like shredded ribbons, and most of the eyelashes are gone. I was able to sorta make something of it, but it still looks terrible. This is one of those "Hang em high and dim the Lights" kind mount.

No, this one was a relaxing weekend project :)

What's really got me frustrated is that whenever I post something that I really think turned out great, not many people say anything, and then something like this piece that I mounted months ago, well before I went to Africa and didn't even want to post pictures of, gets a lot of comments. I guess I just don't know which pieces are the best :/

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

LOL, it will always be that way no matter what you do, your artistic side that stirs your soul and makes you feel good inside, is seldom seen by others the way that you see it. I believe our personal victories are meant to be enjoyed by ourselves alone sometimes as others just don't get it.

10. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    Well that's too bad, but I guess you are right, I know a lot of song writers that hate their songs that end up at the top of the charts. And we truly are artists. I really like that phrase "It's not Art unless someone doesn't like it".... so very true, I just never thought of it in the way that I might be that someone that doesn't like my Art, lol

11. buckcrazy

buckcrazy New Member

Daniel your work is awesome simply awesome

12. AZ~Rich

AZ~Rich " Africa" never fails to satisfy

Daniel, I've never commented on your talents before, but overall you seem to me at least, to have a very rare gift which immediately sets you apart from 95 % of all rest. To be at that level at such a young age; well that is nothing short of phenomenal in my view. Excellent salvage of that Nyala, by the way, it's inspiring and noteworthy because it came to you so easily. Many I think appreciate even more an ability to work with such garbage and turn it into the darn nice piece you did with relative ease. Congrats again Daniel, I have a feeling we all will be learning from you for many years to come. Keep it coming, Rich

13. zmia

zmia ozzie, ozzie, ozzie........

That's a pearler Daniel, well done mate!!