1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Altering antelope manikin

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by ada2453, Jun 23, 2013.

1. I'm getting ready to order a manikin for an antelope I'm doing. My question is, the measurement from eye to nose is 9 1/2 inches and the longest nose I can find is 8 1/4. So I'm wondering if I put him on the form without altering it will the cape shrink up enough to be ok, or should I go ahead and add some length to the form?

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Where did you get your measurement?

3. I measured from the front corner of the eye to the tip of the nose after I finished wet tanning him. It seemed long to me but I measured it a few times to be sure.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Tug the face width wise, and measure again, make sure it is the relaxed nose, and not the front lip you are measuring.

5. George

That's what I figured. BAD IDEA. Follow T's advice. Better yet, stretch the neck behind the ears. Order THST form. It will fit perfectly.

6. Ok, I'll measure it again. Thanks for the help. This is probably a dumb question but what is a THST form?

7. George

Not as dumb as not proof reading before posting. It should have said "THAT form".

8. Ha Ha! Ok I got it. Thanks again to both of you for the help!