1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Trouble using my back button

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by bigbassmann, Jun 25, 2013.

1. bigbassmann

bigbassmann New Member

Is anyone else having this issue? Most of the time after viewing a topic and I click on the back button nothing happens. In order to return to the previous page I have to click on the forum title page which of course takes me back to the 1st page of that forum and then click on whatever page I was previously on. I have noticed that when I mouse over the back button it doesn't always (95% of the time) show the previous page addy but has something like "back to ad.doubleclick.etc. etc. etc" and that is when it will not redirected to the last page I was viewing. Gets very frustrating trying to navigate the site because of this. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? It doesn't happen on any other website, just this one.

2. bigbassmann

bigbassmann New Member

It seems like the issue has been resolved. After reading some other posts where folks were having other forum problems and the mention of using a different browser other than IE, I downloaded Firefox and now everything seems to be working just fine.

3. fougair

fougair New Member

I am having trouble with my back button also do not want to use firefox is there any other fixes?

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Same problem here.

5. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

Does seem to be a problem again.

6. DeerMan43

DeerMan43 Member

PA.
    I have had this problem off and on for a few weeks now. Same thing today. Anyone still having this issue?

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Same here

8. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

same problem here. only on this site.

9. same

10. DeerMan43

DeerMan43 Member

PA.
    Does anyone know if they are working on the problem? I know that this is the only site I have had trouble with. Just a pain in the butt. Hard to navigate around.

11. GWebb

GWebb Active Member

Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. When it doesn't I hit alt and left arrow key and sometimes that takes it back...sometimes it don't. Gets frustrating having to hit the home button and go back through the categories

12. I didn't till you guys started talking about it.

13. gasman1

gasman1 The Big One Almost Got Away

N.C
    I have the same problem.

14. Just happened with this post!

15. country

country New Member

16. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

I have it occasionally, when I do, I just go to the bold black type above and below the thread to navigate to where I want to be.

17. DeerMan43

DeerMan43 Member

PA.
    Seems to be working itself out now. Haven't had an issue for a little bit. Works better on my phone or my ipad than my laptop.

18. The problem is probably add-ons in the internet explorer. Some add-ons can be disable, but you really need to know which ones because if you disable the wrong one it could be bad for your PC. Also it could be Google Chrome that's causing this problem too because I never had this problem until I downloaded it and then removed it only to see the problem go away. Unfortunately I had to download it again because several of my on line programs that's work related work better through Google Chrome.

19. That darn back button did not work this morning at all, I was searching for something using the search at the top and had to finally copy and paste what I was searching for, got tires of typing it in after the 4th time.

20. I didn't know until this afternoon that it was a problem for most. It's intermittent for me. Some days it's a pain but I lrearned to just double tap the back button, but have had to back out of the subject or TAXINET altogether when it first started. TAXINET is the onlly place I've had this happen.