1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

13 Month Rush Job from Wholesaler?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by PLTannery, Jun 25, 2013.

1. What to do...

Is more than 13 months a rush job? I had a client who wanted a deer head done as a gift to a terminally ill friend. They had already been thru one of those 2-3 years battles with a local taxidermist and finally got their antlers back from that bad deal. They wanted it rush. I told them, when I picked up the cape and antlers, That I had spoken with someone, I trusted and recommended, who could do a Rush job since I was unable to get it done myself quickly. Arrangements had been made for it before I picked up the cape/antler. I sent the tanned cape(with the agreement that if the cape was not good I would send a replacement) and antlers in Late May of 2012, Paid in full as it was a rush job.

Now I haven't been able to get the mount back.

My clients terminal friend passed away in October.

I've poked, and reminded to no avail.

Now I'm at a loss what to do.

Any Suggestions?

2. smittys llc

smittys llc New Member

Did you have a contract? Small claims Court, do it. Our Rush service is 45 days or less.

3. mike g

mike g Active Member

A good old fashion ass whoopin is the first thing that comes to mind but you don't want to loose professionalism. Keeping them from you and not completing the job is as about as low as they come.

4. mimes

mimes Member

The only wholesaler I have found that actually sticks to their word is Hog Heaven.

5. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Contact the Fish & Game Office in that state....if the wholesaler has a license as in NH they will be happy to deal with him. If not the F&G Dept get in touch with the Attorney Generals office in that state. Before long that wholesaler will be happy to make things straight with you..lol Good luck...JL

6. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

That's just a damn shame that you got treated like that on a rush job for a terminally ill patient. I would have no mercy on that taxidermist..a start would be a registered letter from an attorney demanding a full refund in addition to returning the cape and antlers all within 10 business days.

7. Shelby...it is a rhetorical question of course...you already know 13 months is too long. Can you pay them a visit?? Or send someone you know in the area over to the studio? If that doesn't work..then certified letter...then legal proceedings.