1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

my new pup : )

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by bucksnort10, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Silvers in Portage Dan! LOL Nice pup buddy. I hope you have lots of great memories. I never replaced my black lab Sheba. She stole my heart when I had to put her down, and that is a tough pill to swallow as you already must know! I certainly don't hunt ducks like I used to because of it. I've been thinking about getting another, but I can't imagine finding one with her personality and constant drive! Absolutely great all around dogs at every level.

2. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

Here's my latest picture of her. Still a lot of puppy in her. : )
    We aren't hunting her this fall. Will wait until next fall when she is 1-1/2 years old.
    Trying something different with this one ... to have a more controlled dog.
    She is a lot of fun ... with so much energy. Some days I think I am getting to old for this ...
    but then I realize she will get me out hunting so much more that it will all be worth it in the end.
    She was born Feb 16th, so 8 months old.

Attached Files:

3. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

What a lil stunner girl....

4. cambridge d.r.

cambridge d.r. Member

How can you resist? We are on our 5th lab, she's almost 10 years old. Great all around dogs. Heard the British bred are mellower. Had a black lab female that was field trial bred,whew! Talk about high maintenance. Thanks for sharing and watch out for those sharp little teeth and baloney breath.

5. MBA Taxidermy

MBA Taxidermy Member

Very nice looking dog. I just took my 7 month old chocolate lab out pheasant hunting this weekend for the first time. It is so rewarding to see all the work of training pay off. Looks like your hardwork has payed off also, congrats

6. She's a very pretty girl. Good luck with her.

7. Great looking dog!!!

8. absolutely stunning

9. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

look who's one ... a lot of puppy in there yet.

Attached Files:

10. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

Aww...happy Birthday Girl..where do we send her,her birf-day card and presen? ..

11. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

Pete you'll never get another like the first BUT you could get one with better qualities in some areas and goof ups in others to remind you of just how special they ALL are. Good idea to wait a while. Mine [chocolate] will soon be 5 and STILL a lot of pup in her.

12. What a Beaut!!!!! :)

13. I'm ready to get another now Alan. She's looking real pretty Dan!