1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Finally got my own bear done!!! :)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by millardtaxi, Jun 28, 2013.

1. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

Took this bear in 2008 in sask Canada, hide was perfect will post better pics when habitat and finish work is complete on lip cup just excited to finally get one of my own done..... Now just need to squeeze in my other 2 bears :)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attached Files:

2. juli

juli Active Member

Congratulations! I always like the panting/semi open mouth pose. Much more realistic than the wide open attack style so often wanted by folks....

It always seems, as taxidermists, our own mounts get put on the back burner. I have a black bear of my own that needs to be done, one of these days! :)

3. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

I got the rug from my first bear done last summer...........shot it in 1999!

4. osbornetaxidermy

osbornetaxidermy New Member

Nice bear! I am going to be doing one just like this but with the head looking to the left.

5. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

Update habitat finished

Attached Files:

6. glennbear6

glennbear6 New Member

Nice big bear congrats.
    Mount looks good , like slight open mouth. The wood base very nice.yeah always good when you can get one of your own done. Whole piece looks good

7. brayden

brayden New Member

now you have me excited to start on 3 of my lifesize black bears I have in the freezer!! want to try and mount a few bears messing around a bait barrel,, bear hunting is real big here!! think my customerswould love to see something like that,, love your habitat

8. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

much better with the base done....great job