1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Shipping in the heat

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by emilypowell, Jun 30, 2013.

1. emilypowell

emilypowell New Member

I've seen some great tips on shipping frozen, but do you guys have tips for shipping frozen in high heat? It's going to be in the upper 90s in Spokane, WA this week, and I'm buying a few frozen critters. I've been asked to provide tips on how to ship them without them thawing, and I'm inexperienced. Any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated!

2. Matt

Matt Active Member

Personally, I try not to ship anything green/raw in excessive heat. If I have to, it's at the buyer's expense and they are shipped overnight/next day. There is always a chance that it will get held up and it is best to ship these items in a well insulated box or even the foam coolers are nice. I try and ship green frozen items in cooler weather or skin/prep the capes to send them regular post, then there are no worries of losing them.

3. HunterBrowning

HunterBrowning New Member

Along with Matt's advice... Shipping in the beginning of the week can help avoid being slowed down on the weekend

4. tt

tt Licensed Taxidermist,Hunter,Trapper,and Fur Bearer

all of the above...you can add the big cooler packs, which will add weight, or even some dry ice.

5. emilypowell

emilypowell New Member

Thanks everyone! I think I'll end up waiting for cooler weather.