1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

*** Updated *** longhorn steer ?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by theguyyouknowtaxidermy, Jun 30, 2013.

1. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

theguyyouknowtaxidermy The Guy You Know Taxidermy<Daniel Elkins>

I am going to mount a long horn steer in the morning. I feel as if I have a pretty good idea of my game plan how ever I am unsure what to do around the horn caps. as of now I was thinking of nailing down the caps at the end and then pull the hide so it covers the end of the horn caps ? any help would be appreciated

2. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

Re: longhorn steer ?

I put apoxie sculpt around the bottom between the hair and the core and bondo the horns on the core's....if you want them to come off for transportation just don't bondo and let the cape dry with the sculpt, with the horns just slipped on the cores...........then you can slide them on and off when you need to for transportation....

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

If you need any help call me in the morning and I can give you a few tips 979/966-9853

4. KevinMcP94

KevinMcP94 New Member

radiator hose clamps

5. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

theguyyouknowtaxidermy The Guy You Know Taxidermy<Daniel Elkins>

I just want to give a big thank you to Micheal P. and Brent Gorman for helping me complete this project. It was more work then I thought. It is not perfect and if i was to do it again I would do a few things different. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. It looks good to me.

7. Ron1949

Ron1949 Member

Very nice !