1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ July Independence Day Addition 2013!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ July Independence Day Addition 2013!!!!!!!

A very warm Welcome from Hinsdale NH!! A quick note I’m having a Cook out here at the old farm in Hinsdale NH on August 24th 2013 All are welcome and if you email us at [email protected] and let us know if you plan to attend it will be a blast. Food and fun and a few seminars I think will be the order for the day. In part this is in celebration of our first winner of the Anglers Artistry all inclusive workshop give away! So come join the first winner, and our very own TMIFP contributor from Latvia, Ms. Sarmite Inberga-Petrovska for a day of fun!

Independence day is approach for we here in the USA on July 4th. Bing a New Englander it is a very special time as I can remember growing up and seeing the battlefields where the revolution begun. It is a time in our live not juts here but around the world that freedoms are questions and challenged even in todays day and age. Where ever you live and what ever you believe in we all have at least one thing in common and that of course is taxidermy. I have lived long enough to see incredible beauty through my eyes and nothing short of a complete loss of memories could ever take away the inspiration and the fulfillment I have received from being able to experience so much beauty as I’m free to do so! T
    here are those who may take freedom for granted as it is something we here in the USA have a birth right but so quickly we can be reminded that any freedom not worth fighting for is one that can be taken away easily! I’m afraid we live in a time that we are more participants in a chair watching then doing. Ask your self are you doing what you value?
    I hope you are doing my friend doing what you can as well as when the opportunity for you to be heard! I never mean to to sound political but more so a common fellow taxidermist who believes in what we have is no accident or birth right. I enjoy being able to help other learn Taxidermy and more so love to share in the beautiful work we all share so willing here. But juts imagine if we could not? Independence is a matter worth thing so think about over the 4th of July at least if you live in the USA and even if you don’t! God Bless!

So on a very serious note I know many are praying and sending out help and thoughts for you all in Arizona and surrounding area’s being devastated by Fire. A special prayer goes out to the many firefighter and their families who lost live recently during this devastating time!

Had a great time at the NEAT show last month what a great bunch of Taxidermists who come from all over the North East to see old friends and make new ones! It was my pleasure to have with me Peter Smith who was here for his workshop with us for 3 weeks. Peter is a board member of the New Zealand taxidermy Association and loved the experienced of seeing one of our shows here in the States! Thanks NEAT!

This past month I often wonder if one day this long running string will ever grow old but I see that each and every month so many gifted and giving fellow fishheads show up and share their work where ever it may be in the progression of ever level of experience and for this I commend you all who participate and for those who just take the time to show up and be inspired thank you!

Again want to commend all of you, as there are so many original contributors and many new ones alike that all share in this great string that has been around from over 5 years! I just want to remind and assure folks that we all begin some where and work hard at being the best we can all be as taxidermists. It is and always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show there work with out criticism and hard comments! So lets remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get to involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

What a truly outstanding Month in Fish pictures this past last month as I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of July with a couple of fellows who are some of the Angler’s Artistry Alumni! Both of these gentlemen I’m very proud of both professionally and personally! Mr. Jimmy Lawrence of Iowa and Mr. Jeff Steely of Massachusetts! Jeff and I first meet for a workshop back in the mid 90’s and he has gone on to do some pretty cool things with his taxidermy career and as a professional US law enforcement agent who protects our Nation! Mr. Jimmy Lawrence first came out as a young man of 18 filled with passion and great talent, which he has developed rather nicely in to a reputation of being a premiere fishhead in the world of taxidermy! Both Gentleman are friends and great folks who would help any one who would ask Please enjoy the and be inspired by their work this month!

I hope you enjoy this fish work by our friend and fellow fishhead Jimmy Lawrence and Jeff Steelie!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the Month! See you in August 2013!!

So here we go and here is to a great July and a great Month in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon in my travels and be good to one another!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Mr. Jimmy Lawrence Largemouth Bass!

[​IMG]

Mr. Jeff Steely’s Smallies!

[​IMG]

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale New Hampshire 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com/store
    Dicount code GIFT

2. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Happy 4th to all........Sweet job on the LM Jimmy and great job on the pair of smallies Jeff......Here's a recent gill on a Walnut Hollow plaque I finished up....

Attached Files:

3. You turn out some nice gills Brian. Ill be starting my first one next week. Took a one day workshop with Brian Claar on molding and casting a blue gill. Ill post them on here when I'm finished with it.

4. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Thanks. What I like about gills is the variety of colors I see in different reference pictures. The color in this last skin mount gill seemed to blend right in with the background. It's supposed to look like a 3D picture or at least that's the look I was after.
    Good luck to you. BC is one of the best. Look forward to your pics............

5. Nice work from eweryone. I send pictures my first own custom made northern pike replica from 50in and 38,6 lb N.pike.

Attached Files:

6. My painting on KAZO blank - carp 38,2 in 48,5 lb

Attached Files:

7. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Nice work, Have a safe and Fun Independence Day.God Bless :)

8. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Very nice work fishlandan, Kazos carp looks great and your pike at 38lb is also one to remember when looking for blanks !
    Great Start !
    John

9. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Nice looking fish everyone!

10. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    Thanks Rick and everyone for sharing your work.

Slobber Slab.............
    [​IMG]

11. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Timjo, WOW nuff said.

12. j.mik.

j.mik. Member

Timjo... I'm running out of things to say about the great fish in these threads. And I have to shyly admit to using some people's finished work as MY reference!

13. warthog

warthog Member of VVA and VFW

Timjo,

I have said it a thousand times and I'll say it again...your work never ceases to amaze me. Just beautiful.

14. Sarmite

Sarmite Active Member

LV
    Nice carp, Fishlandan! Timjo, awesome fish again!
    From me - replica of Smelt Osmerus eperlanus before glossing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. JE

JE Well-Known Member

The little Smelt looks real Sarmite !
    A 19 120z rainbow from me, custom mold from a zipped open frozen fish, it was cut open from the vent right through the bottom jaw. I had to sew the whole thing up and pack it out before molding.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Sarmite

Sarmite Active Member

LV
    JE, it's really big work You have done on this fish!!! And result is AMAZING! ;)

17. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Good job on that fat pig JE !! Nothing from me this week - busy working with the new part of my studio. Ollie

18. Trkymn

Trkymn New Member

first attempt at a skin mount striper

Attached Files:

19. Matt

Matt Active Member

Wow, what a start to the month! Love the smallies together, I have two of my own to do and what to do something different. Love the smelt Sarmite, and everything else so far! Here is a skin mount that was around 31".

Attached Files:

20. topnotch

topnotch Member

[​IMG]IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u315/goodfellow56/photo1-4_zps28d851e4.jpg[/IMG]IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u315/goodfellow56/20130624_123716_zpsb4968375.jpg[/IMG]