1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ July Independence Day Addition 2013!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jul 1, 2013.

1. den007

den007 Active Member

some "sexy" eye shots, on some great replicas with superb paint jobs, courtesy of Capt. Bryan.

Attached Files:

2. den007

den007 Active Member

Another head shot illustrating eye......sheepshead.

Attached Files:

3. Beautiful fish everyone!! I love checking out the Month in Fish.

Here is a Brown by Fishmaster - Don Frank that I had saved in my product image files.

[​IMG]

4. Really nice work everyone. Sarmite you are one busy fishead doing some very cool work.

5. What A MONTH!!! WOW!!

Attached Files:

6. JE

JE Well-Known Member

It would be great if I could mention everyone's work individually , but there are too many.
    So great work every one !
    A small 28" Northern pike from me , custom molded, I had ran out of the correct size in Jeffs eyes and used some old unpainted glass eyes I had.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Really nice painting in that pike!!! Wow....

8. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Really nice fish again this month.....this ones for Doug P as I know he's had the BLACK black Crappie that doesnt necessarily look like the majority of them.
    I might have posted this before but when you look at the mount (reverse curve) initially, you say no way did it look like that until you look at the bottom pic of the live fish up close.....reference is the key......this was my son's fish. I have a pic of the fish on the back of the mount for comparison...

Attached Files:

9. silverbuck

silverbuck New Member

Beautiful job all !!!!

10. dougp

dougp Active Member

Very nice Brian. My late friend Gary Cichy was a big fan of spawning male crappies he would catch in Leech Lake Mn. Here is one of his carvings depicting those beautiful fish.

DougP

Attached Files:

11. That is awesome Doug. I just love Garys work like so many others. I had a Black Crappie in a fish tank for many years and I was amazed at how dark he could get in just seconds. When we would feed him he would turn almost jet black even his pec fin.

12. slabbandit

slabbandit Active Member

Very nice mount Brian! I like the looks of those spawning male crappie white or black.

13. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Thats a beautiful carving from Gary, Doug....none better. Thanks for posting that example of a darker Black Crappie.
    You can see the VERY subtle and small markings on the side of mine also. It was an Upper Michigan Crappie. Thanks Sbandit also....