1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW 24

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Jim McNamara, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Good morning Taxi-neters and welcome to another week sharing bird work from all over the world. As we progress I look forward to enjoying the latest in your accomplishments as well as some of your earlier attempts. Thanks to Wolfgang for his two weeks of hosting and sharing pictures of his aviaries .
    My name is Jim McNamara. I run a full time shop in Lima,Ohio and have about 35 yrs. experience in the trade. I find myself surrounded by females which include my wife, two surviving Daughters and our female yellow lab as well as one granddaughter who is 13 yrs. and fast approaching grown-up status. My shop is located next to my home which is quite convenient most days. You will find that I am a bit more quiet then others who host and I am no morning person.
    Enough words.... PLEASE JOIN IN AND SHARE YOUR PICTURES !!

So, I have not used photobucket from my IPad for weeks now and am unable to figure out what has changed but I am not able to post pictures. I will be honest here......I hate computers! Once I get to my shop computer I will try to post some pictures. What a way to get started! ::)

2. Jim McNamara

Here are a couple pics off my shop computer........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Beautiful birds Jim and thanks for hosting. I'm still looking forward to getting my hands on a Harli though I should probably wait till I'm better lol!
    I posted this bird elsewhere but I'll post here too for fun, this was one of my favorite mounts I've done so far.

Attached Files:

4. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Thanks for hostng ...... all 3 of you guys ALWAYS have great birds.

Just a client bird out the door .

Attached Files:

5. babak

babak Active Member

Jim,great start and thank you for hosting!!
    wow,ntx,that work is a real art piece!!great job!!
    sorry,if there is any other photos on your posts,i can't see 'em!

6. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

Finally mounting some birds again... Been a while, nice birds everyone!

Attached Files:

7. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

One more... Shot up primaries but still cool!

Attached Files:

8. Jim McNamara

Ryan I like the Common ( black) Scoter, don't see many of those mounted up. Nice job on the merg and surf as well as the Brant.
    Chris , the flow of the teal piece is very smooth. I especially like the the slender grass waving under and in front of he bird.
    Jay, good to see you posting up one of my favorite birds. Hoodeds are beautiful to look at but sure don't eat we'll ! :p
    Thanks to all who posted up and please keep coming back .

9. Jim McNamara

Good morning all. I have a busy day ahead but will try to stop in from time to time . My first job is to get the tire off my riding mower so it can be repaired then I can concentrate on deer heads. Meanwhile.....here is a nice Ross I mounted for a hanging display with some snows and blues. Hope you all have a great day!

[​IMG]

10. Damn, great variety of birds posted up so far! Mostly waterfowl, just like god intended it to be 8)

Eric

11. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Well well Mr AAR thats a bold statement here lol

12. I knew you would like that Jerome ;D

Eric

13. snowhare

snowhare New Member

AAR
    You are a terrible man ;D

14. 689

689 Well-Known Member

a few fun mounts
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Great looking Parrots finaly some thing else than a (D) ;)

16. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Something different :eek:

Attached Files:

17. Jim McNamara

What colors Cindy, very nice. I would like to see some of the others in the background. Snowhare I envy your selection of mountable raptors. They are such beautiful birds.

18. 689

689 Well-Known Member

thanks..and too think they would have been thrown in the trash...:(...why waste a beautiful bird if its not 100% perfect....heck have some fun with them...;D...I will be doing some African grays and a blue front..soon..i hope..lol...

19. 689

689 Well-Known Member

heres the scarlet..waiting to get some primaries and a prince wales parrot
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Jim McNamara

Cindy, thank you for the additional pictures. Tropical s have such vibrant colors! Well its the 4th and I wish you all a great day! I imagine many have some sort of family plans and perhaps fireworks to cap off the day. They are expecting storms and rain here so the fireworks might be a wash but time will tell.
    Here is a favorite.....

[​IMG]