1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW 24

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Jim McNamara, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Judysan

Judysan The Roadkill Queen

Snowhare - what is that gray raptor, and where is it from? It's beautiful.

2. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Grey hawk?

3. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Yep,, thats what it is.. nice mount snowy.

4. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

Is it not a Gabar Goshawk?

5. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Hi folks, wonderful waterfowl to be seen here and so wonderful habitat and bases full of creativity, it is fantastic and
    those parrots and cockatoos, great colours and mounted to see all the splendor, great.
    From me this week a grey or hungarian partridge with my first self made snow, from Germany,

Rainer.

Attached Files:

6. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

Rainer, it would be nice if you stopped by and made some snow over here. :D
    We are not enjoying the heat.

7. And I was thinking Pale Chanting Goshawk!

Great work all around, everyone!

8. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

As usual you guys and gals that get to do things outside the norm for me is just fascinating. Birds of prey and the parrots can't wait until I get a chance to do one myself. Beautiful work!!!
    Here is one I did for the pickiest client I have ever had and after it was done he couldn't pay for it. Gotta love em!!

[​IMG]

And of course it was done on one of the new Executive bases from Walnut Hollow, great work Chris!!

9. 689

689 Well-Known Member

Damn,how could someone not pay for work of art like that I love those wood ducks you do

10. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Wolfgang, nice as ever, stunning work and
    bucksnort10, it is too hot over there where you live and here in Germany it was too cold at first and now we have got the high water of the rivers with much rain and I have lost nearly all of my ground breeding birds, jack rabbits and roe deer fawns in my hunting area to the water, it is a shame,
    Rainer.

11. IU Doug

IU Doug Member

I can see why that is one of your favorites Jim. Nice work Nina.....bet they are not all roses to work with. Wolfgang, just another great mount...sure you will be able to sell with no problem to someone else.......but the difficult guys always seem to be the cheapest of all BAS#@!%S......why is that? :)

12. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Yes that s him a Pale Chanting Goshawk

13. Ringneck 8)

Attached Files:

14. Great birds everybody! Good thing with that Mandarin is at least resale wont be a problem since its non protected and such a great presentation. So to put up something nobody would expect me to and to reverse Snowhares bird starting a non waterfowl trend here is a customer Mallard 8)
    [​IMG][/URL]

Can't remember if I posted this Scotland strap up or not. Not as many species as say a Peru or Argentina but a cool assortment none the less.
    [​IMG][/URL]

Eric

15. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

What a beautiful Ringneck Pheasant! Cock birds just really stand out when well mounted! I don't know about the rest of you all but many of my clients won't mount a mallard as they think they are too common. To me they make a pretty piece. Thanks AAR for that great dead mount. Interesting colors and shapes.
    I hope everyone had a great 4th and is back at it getting after the birds. Me, I am still mounting deer but birds are around the corner. Here is a Mallard mount I did for a good client.
    Jim

[​IMG]

16. It used to be that way when I was in north Texas, here though its the exact opposite. People go crazy for them because they are hard to get. Love the trio mount.

Eric

17. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Daaahhhhh... what was I thinking,,of course it is Chanting Gos, with those red legs. thanks for correction.

18. a couple more done. I just found out today another customer of mine has died. That makes 2 in the last 3 months...creepy...

Attached Files:

19. 8)

Attached Files:

20. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

That pair standing, laying is very nice. Hens make a nice addition . In my years as a Taxidermist I have lost a few clients but very few. I have a couple that are great friends but in their 70/80's and It would be very hard to lose them.