1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

white perch

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by derhntr, Jul 3, 2013.

1. derhntr

derhntr Member

I'm looking for a paint schedule for a white perch, not white bass. I've been though the archives and there isn't much to work with. I can create my own but would like to have some guide lines to follow as well. Any help would be appreciated.

2. derhntr

derhntr Member

This perch weighs 3.2 lbs and has been certified as the new Virginia State record and is pending world record. You must beat a world record by 2 oz this fish beats it by 1oz so most likely will go down as a tie.
    Any assistance will be appreciated.

If you google world record white perch you can read the story.

3. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

Well, I googled world record white perch and I seen Perca! Anyways, that white perch looks very easy to paint, some pearl, white, silver, mist of brown or green and you have it! Throw a mist or purple on its gill cover and that's it.

4. derhntr

derhntr Member

MT, thanks for your input. As stated I think I can paint w/out a schedule just want some guide lines to work with. Define your search and add Virginia Beach and the story pops up.

5. warthog

warthog Member of VVA and VFW

Paint schedules are ancient history. You really need to learn to paint without the schedule. I just completed a 24 pound pike without a schedule and it looks dang good. I am assuming you have no idea how to use paint pigments?????If not you need to get you a couple of DVD's from Rick Krane. If you are not familiar with Mr. Krane...he will blow you away with his methods of madness.