1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2nd Breast mount turkey (almost finished) (critiques welcome)

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by TaxiMan12, Jul 3, 2013.

1. TaxiMan12

TaxiMan12 New Member

This is not the plaque I'm putting this on, and the legs will be coming down on a shelf.
    :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

The beard is off center about 1". The neck on the form is wrong (comes out of the breast too high) for a strutting pose. Even a 'great' breast mount is un-attractive to me. You did a decent job.

3. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

overall you did a fine job....i'm just not a fan of the legs with the breast mount....

4. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Most of my clients want the bottom of the breast to be rounded like the natural contour instead of them being seperated to either side like yours. Turning the head to one side or another works wonders also. I do up to 20 of those some years so like them or not they do bring in $ ;D

5. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

Looks good!

6. spurhunter

spurhunter Active Member

SC
    Looks real good to me. If anything it looks like the tom is raising his head slightly out of the strut. Shot more than a few in that exact pose. I am no taxidermist but if it were me I would remove about 4-6 rows of feathers on the two bottom sides and a 3-4 on the top two sides where they overlap the tail feathers. That would round it up on the bottom and be more realistic transition on the top. Either way, I said I was no taxidermist and I already like it. :)

7. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

It's decent, but I think it would look better with the wings on each side. That way, it would deter from the irregularities and make the whole presentation more attractive. JMO