1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Turkey of The Month July 2013

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by brettdef, Jul 5, 2013.

1. brettdef

brettdef Member

Well another month has come and gone. I hope all of you had a great 4th of July and no one got hurt. We had a really nice evening with family and friends. We had the guys that work with us bring their family over for food and fireworks. I think everyone had a wonderful time. It was nice to enjoy life for a little while in this busy world we live in. Thanks to all that posted last month and hopefully this month will be even better. We have started fleshing all of our birds from this past season and should be starting to mount birds very soon. I am really looking forward to it this year and will try to post as many pictures as I can. I use to take pics of everything I mounted but in the last few years I have gotten away from doing this. I will make an effort to do so this time around and I will try to take some of the whole process and post them in stages for all of you to see how they go together. Its sure is funny how we get so busy and sometimes forget to enjoy and share. I have a student coming this week and I will post his bird after he gets done as well. I look forward to seeing him learn something new this week and seeing his him realize that turkeys can be done with ease if you just take your time and go through a system. It amazes me how when people come here they are so intimidated by turkeys. Then they learn a few simple things and leave here so excited about mounting the next one.

I am posting a turkey that Tim Martin mounted here a while back. I cant remember posting this one in the past. He did a fine job and he has really done well since then.

I really enjoy seeing someone learn and do well.

If any of you need anything just give me a call or pm and I will do my best to help.

Thanks for letting me do this and enjoy.

Please try to post a picture this month and if you have any advice for anyone with turkeys please feel free to let us know that as well.

Brett and Terri DeFreitas

Attached Files:

2. turkeyshooter

turkeyshooter Member

Looks great!

3. HUNT2DAY

HUNT2DAY New Member

Took my son who is 30 years old on his first turkey hunt this year and he got this nice tom. I told him I would mount it for him. Its the 4th turkey that I have mounted.

[​IMG]

4. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

Nice 4th turkey..

5. tim martin

tim martin New Member

Brett,
    Thank you for the kind words!! I have been doing really well with my turkeys since studying with you! I just mounted my competition piece for our up coming convention, and I can say without a doubt, it is the best turkey I have ever mounted. I will post a picture after the show in 2 weeks.

I would tell everyone, if you are looking to improve on your birds and get a true understanding of a turkeys anatomy, invest the time and spend a couple of days with Brett!! He is definitely one of the turkey Gods!! Plus you will meet his great family while you are there!

Thanks again Brett and I look forward to sending you the pictures and will definitely let you know how it goes!! Please tell Terri I said hello!

Tim

6. spurhunter

spurhunter Active Member

SC
    Awesome mount and congrats to your Son!

7. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

very nice work on both turkeys

8. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Very nice mounts guys ! Heres one i just put together .

Attached Files:

9. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Great looking mounts!

I don't have a pic of this with a fan and beard, but this is from a recent production run for NWTF.

[​IMG]

11. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

love the branch squatter pose aaron

12. tim martin

tim martin New Member

This is my competition bird from this past weekends Eastern Regional Competion in Maryland. I recieved a blue in the Masters with it.

Attached Files:

13. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Jeeze Tim.... Take it easy!!! Very nice bird!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Ohub Campfire mobile app

14. bowmantax

bowmantax New Member

Beautiful bird Tim and damn nice mount too!

15. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Nice bird Tim. What did you get hit for?

16. very nice work every1

17. capnmike

capnmike New Member

Great turkey Tim. What body did you use?

Sent from my MB886 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

18. tim martin

tim martin New Member

Thanks for the compliments guys!! This was best turkey mount to date! Ron, it was small stuff he commented on. Some of the things I can correct before I take it to any other shows.
    Mike, I used the Badboy Body from Brett and a head from Brett as well. Fit like a glove!!