1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #26

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Capercaillie, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

Good morning to you all, allow me to introduce myself. I'm a full time English taxidermist who works from home, I mount anything from a small tweetie to a huge Bison whilst sitting in my lounge watching tv and drinking my tea. I shall be hosting for the next two weeks and look forward to you all helping me by submitting more of your great work. I love all the American wildfowl/Game mounts as the quality is amazing, but im begging all you other talented Taxidermists from all over to post as many different species as possible. Im really looking forward to this, I do have my favourites on here so im hoping I will get their support and work too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

Here is one from my good friend Bob Ellis, great taxidermist but crap at posting pictures on the internet!
    [​IMG]

3. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

very beautiful work

4. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

I second that motion, beautiful work and some unique birds too.

5. IU Doug

IU Doug Member

They were a lot easier to kill then they were to mount. Don't know why I had such a hard time with them.

Attached Files:

6. I like the Coot!

7. bigworm

bigworm Member

[​IMG]

8. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

Nice mounts, Ilike the coot display. I have one to mount. Did you use an artificial head? All mounts look nice :)

9. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

How strange is that? I actually gave some Coots to a friend the other day and we were discussing how you never see them mounted. Really nice job on them. Why did you struggle putting them together?

10. IU Doug

IU Doug Member

Thanks guys and gal ;D yes I used artificial heads on those. Not sure what was going wrong for me as all 3 pushed my patience to the max!!! Maybe the downy type feathers and the unique body shape but I don't know what the heck was going wrong. Maybe someone better than me can jump in with a pointer or two.

11. snowhare

snowhare New Member

A Male Black bird

Rebuild the eye lids , and will paint the beak by the end of the week

Attached Files:

12. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

beautiful job snow..the eyelids look perfect in the photo

14. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

Ok so two of my favourites have not let me down with their amazing quality work, cracking Lil Blackbird and the Gos Shoveler combination is just breath taking, thankyou SO much! Now lets see all you others get some of your work on here!

15. Migration

Migration New Member

Nic work everyone, really like the coot!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attached Files:

16. kostas

kostas New Member

two hours at the noon heat for the little guy

17. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Thanks caper for hosting the next two weeks.
    I think, it was a great start for the first two days that we have had and I can only say, great job everybody and snowy, you did something very special out of a very common bird, I only can say - master -
    From me this week something very special for me, that I have got from a local hunter, who found this bird dead on a field just before some crows tried to feed at it. I could not find any injury or something else at this bird, maybe it ate something wrong after the flood we have had. So, because of this, I have got my first marsh harrier,

Rainer

Attached Files:

18. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

and the head

Attached Files:

19. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

As usual this thread inspires me to work harder. Nothing new for a while but here is a favorite cross of mine.

[​IMG]

20. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Nice boids master snow and rustax 8)