1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMY COMPETITION AND CONVENTION JUST 11 DAYS TO GO

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by JOHNNY B, Jul 16, 2013.

1. JOHNNY B

JOHNNY B New Member

I hope everone is doing the finnishing work on there competition mounts the show is about 11 days away
    HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE

2. Ill be there, cant wait. Always a great time.

3. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

One mounted and one to go, customer pieces. Always say I'm going to start a good competition piece early, never happens, usually end up bringing commerical work. Maybe next year, LOL.
    Just informed by Eric of East Coast tannery that they will be here. If you have any salted skins that need tanning, bring them, save on shipping.

4. J Kelly

J Kelly Member

I was going to try and put a mount together for the show this year but.....................that aint gonna happen! TOOOOOO busy! I might try to at least go this year and see everybody.
    JK

5. POOL party !!! Jim you need to be there.
    Looking forward to seeing some great mounts & all the great people there.

Gregg

6. NJTrapper

NJTrapper Member

A/c and fans are running, this humidity is killing my drying time. Room is booked, ready for the pool party and a couple days off. See everyone soon!

7. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Put it in your oven Rich at 200 degrees for a few hours, that will dry it for sure.

8. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

My main piece will be ready.Was going to put a customers turkey in but dont think it will be complete in time.Cant wait

9. Crittercoroner

Crittercoroner DUDE, your uselessness is epic!

nj
    Kelly, you could always take a customer's piece like you did last time, I'm fairly certain you did more than well with it. What's it been, 10 years or so, I think your due for a trip out of the pit.

Paul and Rick, speed cure them in the microwave, that'll set 'em up real nice like.

Artie, put it in your attic, I'm sure it's almost as hot as an oven and probably would be done in an hour or two.

Ielchicken, I'll see you there, be sure to bring your swimmies and rubber ducky.

Bollman, um, I'll tell you when I see you.

10. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

I remember putting my mounted Caribou heads in my closed up van in the driveway to speed up the drying in this weather. Caribor seemed to take forever to dry. You can put a small fan in the van to move the air around too.

11. J Kelly

J Kelly Member

What are the dates for this show...is it next week??

12. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Yes Friday the 26th-28th

13. stiks

stiks New Member

can I get a ticket at the door if I can get a last minute chance to go?

14. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Stiks, yes you can.
    Can I borrow your van Rich, not looking good. I have to leave today for Rhode Island to my daughters college to a 2 day meet and greet, not getting back untill late Tuesday. Still have to sew up one deer leg, I hate sewing, ran out of super glue.

15. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Super glue LOL!!nice Paul

16. Have fun all, damn I wish I could make it!

17. roadkillonroute3

roadkillonroute3 New Member

cannot wait!

18. I am all set to make road trip.

I hope I can count on you, Dave & Jim to baby sit, Julia while I am judging and you guys are having fun in the bar !!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing all of you.

Gregg Ielfield

19. GySgt401

GySgt401 New Member

It is going to be a good time !! Can't wait to see everyone !
    Dave Whitney

20. redog76

redog76 New Member

DAMN this is a cool show!!! I had some family stuff come up this year, I'm sorry I'm gonna miss it.

Some awesome people up there, I hope your show goes well!!