1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMY COMPETITION AND CONVENTION JUST 11 DAYS TO GO

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by JOHNNY B, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

I can't wait! Looks like we will have a great turnout, and a great supplier room this year!! Looking forward to catching up with some good friends.

-Fred

2. bnoody

bnoody Member

Looking forward to the show guys.

Fred, this drive ought to be a little easier than last week's trip!

3. Heck I am taking Julia to the show for our 20th anniversary .( She got an in ground pool for her gift )
    Can't wait to see the new tattoos at the pool party !!!! Looking forward to all the great people & mounts. See you all Friday.

Gregg I

JJ , I may even bring you some fresh fruits & vegies out of my garden....

4. GySgt401

GySgt401 New Member

I just got home from the NJ show , it was a great time as alway!!!! My thanks to John, the board and the judges ! For an outstanding job !!! Can't wait till next year !!
    Dave Whitney

5. I just got up from a nice nap !!!! We got home around 12:30 . So many nice bird mounts & very little sleep this week end. Next year I really hope to be bringing birds to be judged & not be the judge !!! LOL Really had a great time. See you all next year.

Gregg I

6. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

I took a nap too since last night we made them reopen the bar and then we closed it!!! Lol thanks Gregg hope to see you next year but Paul and I are going to do some skeet shooting with all the damn ducks!!! Lol

7. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Just had some time to relax and push some computer keys. Great show as always and a lot of fun and laughs. Thanks to our great line of judges, Gregg Ielfield, Frank Kotula and Bryan Eppely. If you didn't learn something in the seminars you are just stupid. Fred Barilla showed you how to mount a North American Champion Pheasant. Bryan gave some great tips on whitetail mounting, a lot of which I didn't know, Gregg feed the bird guys with info, Gary showed us his fish casting method, Steve with duck head casting and Frank with antler repair and casting. These gentlemen showed every taxidermist something they can use in their shop to improve their work, that's what these shows are for guys.
    The show entries were high quality. At least 15 to 20 pieces were in the Masters and Division of Excellence. The new members and others just starting out from last year improved their work to a higher degree and the guys and gals that have been in the competition arena for some time were kick ass. Congrads Matt Marulli on winning the Breakthrough and Gary King on yet another WASCO Award.
    Our Awards Banquet was one of the highest attended since I have been involved and all was great. Steve Hackett sold the crap out of the auction and had us all entertained with his wild and crazy guy way, thanks Steve. I think got more for a form then Ohio Taxidermy supply was selling them for in the supply room, LOL.
    Johnny B and the rest of the board worked hard and all went together without a hitch. Our meet and greet went well and I had a good time myself (cookies and beer). I will let others chime in for now, see you all next year. Thanks.
    Paul Bacskoczky
    Past President

8. del bay

del bay New Member

Got in from the show a couple of hours ago. Great competition. There were a lot of really talented people there competing. I would like to thank Paul, John, and everyone who made this competition a good one. I enjoyed meeting old friends and meeting new friends. It was a good time all the way around. Hope to see you all again at next year's show.

Brian D.

9. I had a great time as always. I would like to thank the GSTA board for putting on a great show. I would also like to thank the judges for their time and all the seminar instructors as well. It was a very informative weekend.

Matt