1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NEW!!! "RUSTED" NO HUNTING SIGNS FOR PEDESTAL MOUNTS!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by jason, Jul 21, 2013.

1. jason

jason Active Member

Picture is of a 7 3/4" x 12" prototype!! ALL PAINT.....NO vinyl.
    Rusted, and sealed with satin gloss. I am putting my "feelers" out
    there to see if there is any interest. Authentic look WITH bullet
    holes!! ;D These will look great on client's pedestal mounts. Display
    one in your showroom and offer to them for $60 extra. ;)
    Each one will be unique and different as I produce them 1 at a time.
    $45/ea includes PRIORITY SHIPPING! Call/PM to order.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

Not bad ;D ;D ,, but it needs More Rust on it somehow. Use some sand paper or steal wool on the letters they still look new. Not sure if I would clear coat them as they might look to new

It is to tan for my liking . but just MY 2 Cents worth. ;D

It’s a great idea . Not sure what kind of paint you used but some old house paint might look good and have it kind of chipping off..

More work but if you could find metal letters to pound into the flat metal and then paint those that would look really good I think..
    Like a Metal Die I guess and you could reuse them .
    8)--
    Galen Getting
    218-263-7177 Central Time
    www.edgewatertaxidermy.com

3. jason

jason Active Member

I like your thinking Galen......they actually are more rusty (letters) than the pics show. I LOVE the idea of the stamped
    look but I am considering "time" so I can keep the price affordable. Thanks for your input sir.

4. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

Well I guess I was talking more about the back ground the metal looks to tan . Yes I understand on the time thing. It was just a thought. If a person had a big press to use it would go pretty fast. Like in my old high school welding class in High School years ago.. LOL But those are not cheap I would guess.

5. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

How about purchasing the traditional "no hunting" signs. Shoot them and then distress them some way. Possibly battery acid would do this and some whacks with a good stick then run them over a few times with the car in the driveway. There is a chemical that will also produce rust on metal quickly. Not sure what it is though.

[​IMG]

6. Not that it will help you.But if you spray distilled vinegar on the metal,it will have began to rust by the next morning.