1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW#27

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Capercaillie, Jul 22, 2013.

1. deerhunter1964

deerhunter1964 Member

Awesome Woodies!!!!

2. Capercaillie thanks for hosting, some beautiful mounts being shared and a great variety!!

I'd like to share these photos Shane Smith sent me of a mount that "rotates" 360 degrees on top of a Rotating Base Support that is attached to the underside of the Thick Walnut Base. The stand underneath is what Shane uses when photographing and is not a part of the display.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. kostas

kostas New Member

small and smaller

4. Jason R

Jason R Ph# 325-282-2527

Amazing job everyone!!!

5. snowhare

snowhare New Member

A Purper crested Turaco with berry

Attached Files:

6. 689

689 Well-Known Member

luv those birds snowhare

7. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

Absolutely awesome work from everyone, but that Redhead really stands out to me!
    Come on people, I want to see Tweeties, LOTS of tweeties!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. hop

hop Member

The smaller, the better!

Attached Files:

9. hop

hop Member

some color...

Attached Files:

10. hop

hop Member

last one today.
    sorry for the quality, the camera seems to ignore my wishes...

Attached Files:

11. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

beautiful work hop

12. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Great work everyone !! Here is my first bufflehead he was alot of fun to work on . keep up the great work guys!

Attached Files:

13. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

ok caper, I think it must be you as the host, that so much wonderful mounts come in the last two weeks, your own bearded tits and the woodcock, I love them, Rick, after a long time your fantastic redpoll, IU Doug, your buffy-group is fantastic, I love the rock, self casted ?
    Ludvig, your harrier is great job and Todd, to see your woodies finished is really a pleasure.
    ntx, superb redhead and Shane, this treeduck-mount is that, what I know from you, excellent work in perfection.
    costas, you changed to the tweeties and they are really good, snowhare, I saw this turaco before, but it is really nice to see it again because it is perfect work and hop, your tweeties are stunning then ever and this perfect young bird, is it a curlew ?
    Roger, your buffy with that base is a great composition.
    From me this week a spotted nutcracker,
    Rainer.

Attached Files:

14. IU Doug

IU Doug Member

Thanks rai red. Yes, I do make 99% of all of my own rocks. Your nutcracker looks great.....I am scared to death to try any small bird like that!

15. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Nice birds mates 8). Here is another stiffie made from a salted skin. bananaquit.

Attached Files:

16. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

Hop you are now Officially my HERO!!
    Cracking birds from everyone, and we have a nutcracker too!!! Lovely bird they are, id love a skin to put a case of crows together for myself, and Mr Span is really pushing boundaries now with a foreign Lil tweetie!!!!!

We have Wildfowl, Game, Raptors, Owls, Big foreign (from Snowy), Lil tweeties and FOREIGN Lil tweeties, come on show what you have we need to fill some spaces, wheres the parrots, cranes, storks???

KEEP POSTING guys and girls please!!!!!

17. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

This is a different family group that we have not had yet!!!
    [​IMG]

18. Jynx torquilla

Attached Files:

19. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

Ok , Why is Holland known for its red light area and smoking dope and not its ever impressing Taxidermists? Why are all you dutch boys so bloody good?
    I now want an average Taxidermist from HOLLAND to post, just to prove not everyone there is a master!!!!!!!

20. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

Lotta little birds this week! I'd pull my hair out!!!! Great Buffie!