1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Here's a cute pet

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by code6202, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Allie

Allie Member

Great job! Personally, I like the ped. mount. Easy to find a nice place for it. You'd need a very big house to find a suitable spot to display the usual sleeping pose for a big dog like that.
    I may just mount my dog like that when she dies. Fortunately, she's only a year old, so I hope to have many years of practice by that time. I certainly need it.

2. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

Wow! Codi your talent amazes me. Beautiful mount, you did a wonderful job with the expression.

3. My wife had this on the monitor when I walked into the shop, I took one look and said WOW ! Who did that ? Amazing job !! The endless subtle details.... I think you captured the essence of the breed, beautiful.

4. Thank you all for your nice compliments. You cannot put a 'soul' into a mount, but in my mind that is what I was trying to do. I think I would taxi pets all the time if I was good at talking to the sad owners. I can not tell most dogs apart, but I can spot my two dogs in a yard of 100 others that look just like them. It is hard to explain that to people, but that is what pet taxidermy is. I hope I got it right for this dog's owner.

5. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

beautiful!

6. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

You never cease to amaze Codi.

7. Most impressive pet mount I've ever seen

8. quest

quest Member

Utah
    Great work!

9. That is a fantastic work of art. Hope the owner appreciates the work you put into it.

10. That is just amazing... WOW

11. tjl1625

tjl1625 New Member

Very nice

12. GySgt401

GySgt401 New Member

WOW that is a beautiful mount !! Outstanding work !

13. huntjosh

huntjosh Member

Utah
    Incredible! The mouth detail and expression is the best I've ever seen! Your work is truly inspiring!

14. Matt

Matt Active Member

Outstanding work Codi! You continue to step up your game on everything you do!

15. WOW just WOW

16. ShamanCoyote

ShamanCoyote New Member

A Newfoundland! The are HUGE dogs. I love how you captured the expression of the gentle giant. Beautiful dog and mount.

17. Grihm

Grihm New Member

This is incredible! Though I'm not in love with how it looks like it's tipped back (maybe it's the angle of the photo?) everything about this is just amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a pet mounted so well.

18. WOW! Gosh it looks incredible!

19. That's class!

20. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Stunning, true art