1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

18 y/o Taxidermy Enthusiast - How Do I Get Started?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Whitetail, May 28, 2007.

1. Whitetail

Whitetail New Member

Hello,

I'm from Victoria BC and recently moved to Winnipeg, MB. I've always been a person of the arts and have created many things with a variety of mediums, and I've always had an interest in the art of taxidermy. I was thinking about career paths and I would like to take this up, but have no idea how to go about it.
    Is there an apprenticeship needed, or special schooling required? I am to understand there are Taxidermy schools, but I'm very underfunded.
    What are my options?

Thanks.

2. nuthin fancy

nuthin fancy New Member

yes you can get videos.our try to get a aprentice ship.but it would be money well spent to go to a school and learn the ends and outs.this way you have hands on with a expert to give you tips and answer your queistions .good luck to you .joe t

3. rocky don

rocky don the best collie that walks the earth!!

well me i'm fourteen and have never apprenticed or attended a school i've taught my self everything that i know, i learned some off of the internet..and going to conventions helps alot!!
    good luck!!

4. Whitetail

Whitetail New Member

Thanks a lot for your replies, guys, it really helps. I wonder if there's a school that teaches taxidermy near me?
    I'll have to look.

5. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Same here except I'm 16 lol

6. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

Get as many catalogs as you can and read them. You will learn a lot from them. Then order the Breakthrough series of books from WASCO and study them until the pages are worn out. Best and cheapest education you can get anywhere.