1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The new style of flesher

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by wi chuck, Jul 31, 2013.

1. wi chuck

wi chuck New Member

I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to work with that new style of flesher which, as I understand it, does not use a revolving blade, but instead has straight blade that moves back and forth. I believe it had been advertised in Breakthrough several issues ago.

A search under fleshers turned up nothing.

Thanks

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I went to their web site and watched a demo of it and it looked pretty cool but seemed to not flesh evenly, however, that may be just a perception caused by video. I don't remember how I got to the site though. I posted this question when it first came out and the consensus from the majority was that it was probably a fad gadget so we will see if it is still around in a couple of years. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Right now I see no reason to give up my Dakota Pro.

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I went to their web site and watched a demo of it and it looked pretty cool but seemed to not flesh evenly, however, that may be just a perception caused by video. I don't remember how I got to the site though. I posted this question when it first came out and the consensus from the majority was that it was probably a fad gadget so we will see if it is still around in a couple of years. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Right now I see no reason to give up my Dakota Pro.