1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

HALF LIFESIZE

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Artie mags, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Just curious why are half lifesize mounts in competitions considered game heads and not in their own category? I mean they are half lifesize and you have to do extra works but yet a judge isnt suppose to judge anything but the head and shoulder.Just doesnt make sense to me.

2. Matt

Matt Active Member

Wow, I didn't even know they were considered gameheads.

3. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Yeah it gets judge as if it was a deer shoulder mount or whatever animal it is.I think it should be in its own category.I just saying hypothetically if I guy enters a half lifesize deer and wins his division for a whitetail shoulder but the deer legs are off a bit and say the hooves are not correctly done.How can that be fairly judged.Since those points should be knocked of the overall work.Im just saying maybe there should be a category for it

4. bowerbird

bowerbird New Member

Sometimes judging calls do defy logic, I once saw a guy pull a zero for eye set years ago ,,,,might as well have not had any in at all.
    Some effort is better than no effort
    If you look at the flip side if they are to debit for bad legs, do you get bonus points for legs and base work if they are excellent, ?
    Theoretically you could tally a 100 for a "game head",,with average eye set.