1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Iwata Airbrush problems

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by pyeager1, Aug 1, 2013.

1. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

I didn't really know what section to post this in, but I guess this is as good as any. I got ready to paint some fish today and my fairly new Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS airbrush would only bubble the paint in the cup? It would blow air out of the nozzle, but No paint, thinner or water! So I took it apart three times and cleaned the crap out of it, but still that's all it will do. Nothing seams clogged up or anything I can see. WTF? ??? :mad: Thanks for any help in advance!

2. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Perry when a badger does that it is usually a split nozzle. Take the front end off and look closely at it, right where the needle comes through it. That is the thinnest part of the nozzle.

PB

3. Hmmm I have the same airbrush.Do you have the manual that has the troubleshooting problems in it? I clean mine with pipe cleaners and soak the gold inner tip in acetone real good.I have had problems before and had to tighten the tip with the wrench and the connection to the airbrush from the hose too. Good luck. :p

4. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

mine did that once. It turned out to be the nozzle not screwed down tight enough.

5. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Ditto the nozzle will do that all day long if not tight and make all parts are tight

6. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Thanks guys for the info! Sure enough that was it Paul, a split nozzle! I had to bring it in and with my computer desk worklight and X2 reading glasses could I clearly see the split! ;)