1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Temps

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Redman1986, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Redman1986

Redman1986 New Member

Fast Question on Temps for mounting. Just moved and have to work out of garage and its summer time so it gets pretty warm in there. I plan to mount a few deer next week but in the past ive always done them with Central Air and heat in my old shop around 75 deg. This Garage has nothing so its prolly 80's middle of the day. Is that to hot to mount a deer head? Would this cause drying issues? Im using a tanned cape Thanks in advance

2. It can be an issue. It will want to dry out fast, just keep it wet. It's better to do it early or late day avoiding mid day. It only takes me four or five hours to do a shoulder mount so I can do one early and one late.

It's been in the mid to upper 90's here

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. Redman1986

Redman1986 New Member

ya thats what i was afraid of, at night i guess i could crack a window or something

4. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

Any possibility of mounting it outside and then taking it in the house to dry?

5. Redman1986

Redman1986 New Member

lol well wife may throw a fit but I know it wont smell bad but I do have a spare room. I can just hand it in the closet in there or something maybe. I dont think the glue has alot of fumes from what I have notcied in my old shop

6. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

bye window a/c unit and put it in the window you said you were gonna open windows at night so you must have a window

7. Been mounting deer and duck for 2 year now and at first in my shop with no ac at all found out real fast that about drying and pulling on game heads. Not to Good, So I had to get two ac window units to cool down to about 65 at night and about 75 in mid day. But before i had the air conditioner I would mount early and when done bring in my home to the laundry room to dry for about two weeks and check on it every day for about a 7 days to make sure it had not pulled. It all work out for me this way. Now i can't just leave in my shop.