1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Has BO changed??????

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by FiremanBrad, Aug 3, 2013.

1. I've been using BO for several years now, but this last batch has burned nasal bones out of 2 deer, a med size black bear and an African lion. Also, the med black bear skull and lower jaw are extremely fragile now, and flaking!!!

No metal anywhere near my whitening table, 2 plastic tubs going with 2 gal of BO each!!

2. I am not aware of any changes. It should work the same if it still says 27% hydrogen peroxide on it. You can always cut it with water and I am sure you will still get great results and be more cost effective. At least I hope they haven't changed anything. Haven't bought any in some time now.

3. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

I hope not either, I haven't bought any in a few months.

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

I would check the back of the bottle and see. Still should be just 27% peroxide. I don't do long soaks in it. A couple of hours in it max for me. I left a skull in it for several days and forgot about it. It removed the outer enamel off the teeth. Can't even guess as to why the nasals got damaged.