1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #29

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Waterfowler, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Here is a little green wing hen killed by a 7 year old

Attached Files:

2. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Seeing some unique work this week and some very nice work too. It looks like you made the best of a bad situation on the merganser -hawk.
    This first piece went over a kitchen cabinet which happens to be under the wall for the clients great room. The snows also joined the pheasants on the adjoining wall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jason R

Jason R Ph# 325-282-2527

Great job everyone!!!

4. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

Chinese grosbeak

Attached Files:

5. lov2bhntn

lov2bhntn www.tailfeatherstaxidermy.com

Here is a mandarin I competed with last month. :D

[​IMG]

6. babak

babak Active Member

hello from long way "Iran" to all friends,

bunch of great mounts on our weekly show BOTW,thank you all for sharing!!! I've never been this long time out and far from my passion!! i haven't done any new bird since three month ago,and i feel horrible!!!i feel i lost my hands to do taxidermy,otherwise i completed my tools and chemicals for doing better jobs in the future!! at least ,i sent a request to "wild life protection org.' to get my permissions to establish my own studio and do legal taxidermy for public ,it's not easy but i started it as first one in our small town!THAT'S ALL!!keep good job my friends!!

7. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

beautiful birds jim

8. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Congratulations Babak!! That is exceptional news!!

9. snowhare

snowhare New Member

N

NAA THERE ARE NO SLIT EYE S ON UM LOL

10. JBird

JBird Member

some really fantastic posts - I don't have time to express how much I love each one of them but I did want to say BIRDSTUFFER - that is by far my favorite waterfowl of yours - just gorgeous and SO SMOOOOOOOTH !!!! more later - keep em coming - genuinely the highlight of my day to see what new posts have been put up - great job everyone

11. Jim McNamara

Babak, best of luck to you getting the permission you need. Keep us updated.

12. babak

babak Active Member

thank you Ron and Jim for kind words !it's not easy to be the first one,but i will do it.if I start to work as a taxidermist,it will cause to keep my hands in birds for longer time and for sure much practicing , much skill!!awkward quality works and low standards of mounted birds in Iran is significantly visible,scarcely you can see some high quality birds in national museum of capital city for the reason of being a well known educated taxidermist "tajbakhsh" there ,so i wish i can get much more skill to be a famous avian taxidermist in iran,however it wont' mean anything in my country!!

13. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Been a while since I've posted but still lurking. Couple redheads just finished.

14. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Well never mind tapatalk didn't upload image.

15. A try at flying. This was stress! (need more practice taping)

[​IMG]

16. Jim McNamara

Given time I am sure your birds will rival your mammals Codi. Nice pintail ! I agree, like the blond Jay.

17. Waterfowler

Waterfowler New Member

Nice tweet taxos! That thing looks alive.

Really nice pintail for your first flyer!

18. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

codi, you still did an outstanding job on the duck.....position of the wings, neck, head and overall body came out great....

19. Samson

Samson New Member

I'm back with an older mount from me that I have found on my computer and not posted yet ;D

Greetings to you all,
    Karin

Attached Files:

• Buzz.JPG
      Buzz.JPG
      File size:
      31.5 KB
      Views:
  20. This is a Peregrine/Gyre Falcon mix owned by a Falconer standing on her favorite perch.She was 6 years old and her name was Kachina.

Attached Files: