1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Beware of GW6111 aka Gary Weir

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by jeff c, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Boomer Sooner

Boomer Sooner New Member

Guys i hate to hear about the scam but i had posted what gary did to me and it is the same bs. took me six months and some scamming of my own i told him i wanted to buy some african impalas and the day i recieved them i would wire the money, he sent the capes after asking repeatedly if i was scamming him and i assured him i would send the five hundred. the day i recieved my whitetail capes and impala i took out the whitetail and shipped the impalas back to him. PISSED HIM OFF said he was broke and getting married had no money but that was just more lies. and yes he has an *** kicking coming but i will not say when or where cause he will run. took me six months after i wired the money which was $250. Gary Is a lying piece of crap. Do not buy and sure as heck dont send money till you get the product. Boomer Sooner

2. jeff c

jeff c Member

ny
    Wish id knew that before. I did a search of his name and user name on here, the only thing to come up was a good dealings post ??????? Wonder why none of the negative stuff came up ?? Hope its not because he won a title in the past ??

3. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Hope you get satisfaction one way or another.

4. CROALLGAME

CROALLGAME Member

He must have read my posts in regards to stopping by on my upcoming Elk hunt. He contacted me Friday and said he has enough problems right now and doesn't need anymore and continued to tell me he sent me the check on Friday priority mail and I would have it no later than Tuesday of this week :mad: Sure hope it comes for his sake or he will be getting a visit real soon !!

5. petasucks

petasucks New Member

I hope it comes to. Doesnt anyones mother raise them right anymore?

6. jesssmit

jesssmit New Member

i got stiffed by this feller a while back as well. i asked him for a 22 inch short hair mule deer cape and he said he had one that he would send me for $100. went through all the bullsh** you did with walmart and texts back and forth and excuses as to why i hadnt recieved my cape. he told me the same thing about "accidentally sending it to the wrong person." i was told i would get another 22" short hair mule deer cape and my money back. about a month later i got a P.O.S. 20" long hair cape that is just absolute crap. big long slit in the nose and GIANT bald spot with hair slipping everywhere! never saw my money either. takes a real "big man" to screw over a kid. needless to say im still pretty upset about it. oh well i guess. just gotta learn from it. i plan on using this cape to practice with a different set of antlers that i have and hopefully someday find an honest person to do business with that can get me what i need! sorry to hear aobut your experience with this guy!

7. Sounds like what I call a "shipment-money borrower." They use the $ that you paid for Your shipping for other things and then drag their feet shipping it until they might get more $. I hate that and am glad that this was posted.

8. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Jody from Northern Montana is very honest and I've done business with him lots of times. Maybe we should start a list of good sellers and buyers rather than just a list of bad ones. Someone would have to be added by another member.

9. CROALLGAME

CROALLGAME Member

Well I wish I could say I was as lucky as your were Western Wildlife, but no priority money order came as it was suppose too today !!!.
    Oh well back to my original plan !!! Carl

10. Boomer Sooner

Boomer Sooner New Member

I just wonder why he can't be sent to jail for fraud? is there a way to prosecute an individual like this? I think if the money was sent by mail he would probably be in big trouble but he insist you wire the money. I will never wire money again, just a dumb rookie mistake.

11. jeff c

jeff c Member

ny
    I think the NTA or how ever he won his awards with should strip him of his titles for being dishonest, is he someone they want representing them ?

12. CROALLGAME

CROALLGAME Member

Jeff my thoughts exactly !!! Maybe they should be contacted in regards too these incidences !!

13. Grummpy

Grummpy M.A. Keeley III

Pay Pal WILL NOT be of any protection unless the purchase / sale was done on ebay. That is the only place that protection is offered, as to be an ebay seller and buyer you MUST have a backup credit card on file with ebay, that way ebay can freeze the sellers account until matter is resolved and if it doesn't get resolved between the 2 partys ebay can pull the money out of the credit card on file. So you guys that are wanting to do these OFF ebay transactions with a PayPal card are going to find out ebay will not help you recoop your stolen funds.

14. lizardguts

lizardguts skull collector

Paypal does offer protection independently of eBay. It says it on their website and I've seen it in action myself.

From https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

15. paypal did help me with a non-ebay transaction. I was buying a snake from a guy, who later came up with a ton of stall tactics/excuses/wanted to wait for the springtime to ship (when it was autumn (last year) and still perfectly safe weather to ship a live snake in.) I simply opened a dispute with PPal over him, and my money was refunded. Just offering some hope. I am not sure how it goes though if the matter goes further than 60 days. I would think that as long as the seller has a credit card on file, it can be done. I am not sure how it works if the seller does not.

16. engc237

engc237 Well-Known Member

I also received paypal money back from item bought on this site but paypal must be filed within 45 days

17. Boomer Sooner

Boomer Sooner New Member

engc237 are you still buying cats? I plan on having 20 to 30 this winter. I will have some extra time to trap.

18. engc237

engc237 Well-Known Member

I am that sounds good thanks

19. jeff c

jeff c Member

ny
    A little birdy told me he was in the paper last week for fraud and identity theft!!! That karmas a bitch. LOL

20. jeff c

jeff c Member

ny
    Scammed by Gary Weir - TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums
    discussions.texasbowhunter.com/.../showt...
    Dec 17, 2012 - 50 posts - ‎33 authors
    Gary Weir was a well known taxidermist in Texas for years but has sinced moved to ...