1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA Litigation Update

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by NTAHQ, Aug 7, 2013.

1. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

What about this

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,346439.0.html

While I understand that no one "agrees" on everything that post shows a TREMENDOUS lack of professionalism on the part of people that are supposed to be who we are looking to to FIX this.

I was hoping that there would at LEAST that 15 month period of putting aside feuds and agendas to get this thing righted. Now it seems that there are already power struggles and other backbiting in the soup.

I am not even taking sides. It doesn't matter who IS/WAS/or WILL BE right. Those involved KNOW better is the worst part.

IMO what you have done on here to keep those informed is a great thing, but that crap has to be fixed and NOW. I disagree that using the forum is a BAD thing...it's HOW it is used that matters.

I don't know if you can survive 15 months until an election...that some are already trying to rig with ridiculous "qualifications".

2. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

I am gonna fix it Jim. It's best if I don't post anything. You can't have transparency because you have certain individuals that can't stand it if they aren't in the loop and thus stir the pot and get all of this BS going. I have a job to do whether I'm working WITH the NTA or whether I'm just working for myself to get information for Fred and I. We have received the information that we paid dearly for and so there is a lot to do. If the NTA wants us to be a part of the reorganization then as soon as they get in agreement we will. If they don't want us to come back that's OK too. Fred and I still move forward. What people need to realize is that 'transparency' does not mean for someone to come on this site and explain every single little thing that happens each and every day.

3. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

Re: Re: NTA Litigation Update

[What people need to realize is that 'transparency' does not mean for someone to come on this site and explain every single little thing that happens each and every day.
    [/quote]Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

4. Thank you Beavers!.

We are trying, and its trying to say the lest. Yea we have a couple players that dont want to follow the boards direction, but thats ok we will get through it. Way to many chapters and way to many years to fix this and everyone get along perfectly.

Yes Harry has several years of lack of book keeping to figure out. I know I cold not do it. I am thankful Harry is. I cant wait to see what he finds.

5. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

One post, and one disagreement is hardly the NTA down the drain. Id suggest not rehashing mistakes in taxinet as well as the NTA, and allow them to get things done in the order that they need to. It would do some folks well to simply stay out of the way while touchy issues heal and mend...to improve.

6. RJ Simington

RJ Simington Active Member

WELL PUT BILL.

Even after a war is won , It takes a LONG time to get things back to an acceptable normalcy.

Let the Board do the Jobs they were Elected to do.

I applaud all of you on the board.

(Atleast all the ones that are helping with the reorganization)

RJ Simington
    NTA LIFE MEMBER

7. John 1

John 1 New Member

I have been watching on the sidelines and I see nothing but the best efforts of those who have stepped forward to get the problem rectified! I don't post here much and will wait to see how this all plays out, as a lot of you are I'm sure, but Harry, Fred and all the others that I see doing their utmost to get this situation cleared up are by far the most upstanding, most straightforward people I have seen take the bull by the horns and try to correct what has been a ship going down with no one at the helm to prevent it! I commend all of you!! The transparency can not be done on a day to day basis as Harry said as this is a long road to get all this BS filtered out and cleared up. I can only imagine what you guys are going through, plus trying to keep a studio running on top of if all!! CUDOES to you for doing what you are doing and I hope, as I am sure you will, prevail in your endeavors! I only met The Crains once and that was a long time ago and I can attest that I was not impressed and felt as it was all theirs for the taking and that was only talking to them for about two minutes. Never been a member since meeting them and hope to rejoin in good faith once I see the ship sailing tall and all straightened out!! From what I see the ship has a good captain and a strong crew with a lot of strong sailors at the helm!! I do NOT see a CRAIN mutiny with this group of people and I am glad to see John C contributing to the forum as he has to show what he can when he can!! This is more than I EVER saw from the last group that was in charge!! Thanks John for the insight and all those keeping us up to date on the changes as it pertain to the NTA!! John

8. Thanks for the update. True transparency in ant organization is vital for an organization to survive and thrive.

9. PReynolds we know this, but you have to have something to tell and that has to be approved by the board before it can be published, other wise its hear say.

10. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

There is way more than that that has come through my phone. I guess I felt "called out".

I apologize for getting involved and I truly want the NTA to succeed. All we can do is wait and see what happens. I can imagine the mess that lies before the BOD. Here in OH we had to unite 2 warring organizations into one positive force after 20 years... and we were all on the same page.

This is a BIG job and getting it right will not be easy. I wish them luck.

11. Jim, please tell me pm or call me. I must having information being with held fom me.

12. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Big Jim, anyone who has attended the Ohio show certainly should respect your opinions here, as I do too. I just want the NTA to succeed as you do...I also need to moderate here too 8)

13. taxi_grl_ga

taxi_grl_ga Active Member

Jury trial? Seriously? Immediately to jury trial? Someone's planning to rely on community support it seems.

14. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

The lawyer needs to reject any potential juror who knows the Crains or who does business with any of their affiliates.

15. gab

gab Active Member

things operate a little differently down in Louisiana.your only hope is to hire the judges brother in law as your lawyer.

16. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Don't even worry or focus on this litigation. It will NEVER get there. Efforts are being made as we speak to counter sue on criminal charges. You've heard the term; Let a sleeping dog lie. Well, somebody woke up the dog.

17. gab

gab Active Member

be careful home field advantage is huge down there

18. NTAHQ

NTAHQ Dedicated to protecting the future of taxidermy

Below is a notice that was just sent to the NTA Board of Directors with regard to the teleconference call this morning:

Good morning Board Members,

Due to circumstances beyond our control, NTA Attorney Pat Berrigan, for health reasons, needed to postpone our scheduled teleconference for today until further notice.
    We will inform the BOD's when a new date is made known to the NTA Litigation Committee. Naturally all of us wish Mr. Berrigan a speedy recovery during his temporary illness.

Respectfully,

John Janelli
    NTA President

Mitch Webb
    NTA Vice President