1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I'm sorry Ya'll but......

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Edrando, Aug 9, 2013.

1. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

Says it all right there. Cool piece. Nice story :) Memories forever. Recreating that "memory", done correctly; the Bomb!

2. ShamanCoyote

ShamanCoyote New Member

I thought it was an amazing amount of work. Real attention to detail and it shows respect to the young animal. I actually think it's kind of cute LOL

3. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

I like it too!! Wilbur!

4. If you want creepy taxidermy go look on eBay.

I think the pig on the front page is actually rather cute.
    Matt did a wonderful job with it!

5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

They didn't say it wasn't an awesome piece, just that it brought out a different emotion than most.

6. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Not much has ever "creeped me out" but thosethat did, damned sure weren't things I enjoyed or spent time "appreciating".

7. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

George... "fingernail cat" LOL Damn DROID, you did mean ringtail cat right?

8. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Here is another photo of this amazing piece! I could come up with dozens of adjectives to describe it, but "creepy" would not be one of them!

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Even more reason to question a "judge" who pretended to score that mount below a 90+. Must've "creeped him out" as well.

Yes Ted. Damned DROID.

10. I think it's a great mount! I have to say, pigs really freak me out,, but I can recognize a good piece when I see one :)

11. dablaw

dablaw Member

love that damned thing..heres my pic from the WTC this year....Babe the pig reminded me as soon as I saw it...

Attached Files:

12. tomh

tomh Member

Exactly. I didn't say it isn't an amazing piece. It is extremely realistic and very lifelike.
    I just said there is something creepy about it. That's all.

13. tomh

tomh Member

Maybe. ;)

14. I thought it was an awesome piece and he kicked ass with it at our Connecticut show! Congrats again Matt

15. Maybe you are creeped out because it looks so lifelike that it could get up and walk around?

It looks very, very lifelike and I love it. Very nice work!

16. ShamanCoyote

ShamanCoyote New Member

great picture dablaw, now we can see the detail in the face more. aww, i just to pet it LOL
    love the little blue eyes.

17. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Looks like a beautiful mount but I can understand. I'm completely creeped out by both pigs and monkeys, wouldn't want to touch either of them. There's nothing rational about it, they just give me the creeps for some reason.

18. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

Do you folks that find yourselves "creeped out" eat pork?

On a related note, does anyone watch the show "US of Bacon"? Drooling just thinking about it....

19. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

I reluctantly eat pork, but it's my last meat choice. Don't care for bacon much at all. I guess I'm slightly less creeped out by it when it's no longer recognizable as a pig. I said it was irrational! ;)

20. Now that's a great piece of art. A lot of time and effort went into that piece.I know your daughter will love it!!!