1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ear liners

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by DOA BLACKHILLS, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Just curious, Working 2 jobs sucks, wondering if anyone has glued in ear liners the night before mounting and put the cape back in fridge? I know it's not the best
    option,can it be done? if so, Any tricks to insure no drumming? thanks for advise ahead of time.

2. duxdown

duxdown New Member

When you say glue are we talking hide paste or epoxy or something else.

I use 5 min epoxy tinted with gill red and yes once it kicks you can put back in the fridge no problem.

3. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I do it all the time....no problem. I prep tomorrow's work this afternoon and put it in the refrigerator 'till the morning. I use ADHEARS 2 part glue and get no drumming. Lay the ears flat on the cape so there's no distortion while they finish setting up. Makes it easy to get the heads done the second day. Good luck...JL

4. Duxdown,I use real ears latex adhisive from Mckinzie. I'm not sure if being latex base,it will cure in the fridge.

That being said, thank you very much duxdown and JL, i'll give it a try tonight and see what happens.

thank you,
    dave

5. I just noticed i posted this in tutorials, i apologize. Oh well, you never know, this may help more than just me.

i'll give an update on how well it works with the Real Ears adhisive

6. Just an update, Worked out really nice, I think i'll be doing all my prep work the night before from now on. thank you guys

7. Working a full time job and taxidermy on the side you must find ways to stream line. Prepping including glueing in the ear liners the night before works great for me. First night prep form second night prep cape third mount and sometimes fourth sew up. All depends on how tired I am from my day job.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. reddogloki

reddogloki New Member

It took me a little while to realize I didn't have to do it all in a day. As huntingpal said, I sometimes have to split it up over 3 or 4 days

9. I't makes me a little envious of those who are able to do taxi full time and pay the bills. Wish i would have taken it more serious 20 years ago when i first started.