1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

30lb Comon Carp Repro

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by 2wbdft, Aug 9, 2013.

1. 2wbdft

2wbdft Member

Well, this was a first for me to work with a fish this this size, let alone cast one this big. I see things id like to change but the customer LOVES it and at the end of the day thats what matters to all of us. I would like to say thank you to the folks whom have answered my questions/pm's and to those who teach, post tutorials so selflessly here on Taxinet. I learned so very much from this project, but have soooo much more to learn, esp proper photograpy ??? :-X

Anyway, enjoy my aweful pics! ;) :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I like it. I did a skin mount of a carp that size once. If there is a next time, it will be a complete cast. I cast everything but the skin, what a greasy sumbich, yuck.

3. Turned out nice. Looks good!

4. j.mik.

j.mik. Member

Just curious where you're from. I took up carp fishing about 5 years ago when a serious carp tournament guy showed me some of the European methods they use. I fish in Chicago. My largest is 26... still trying to join the 30 lb. club. That's a great looking display you've put together.

5. 2wbdft

2wbdft Member

Im out of Northern Utah, this fish came off of one of the marshes on the east side of the Great Salt Lake. Her official weight was 30.4lbs.

Thanks for the great comments guys.

6. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Nice,like the bowfishing idea