1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking for apprenticeship as full/part time taxidermist

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Employment' started by Kayla S, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Kayla S

Kayla S New Member

Hello everyone,

I am just starting out with taxidermy. I have taken classes here in Montana and learned how to do shoulder and life-size mounts, fish, birds, rug shell and plaque mounts. I am a hard worker and eager to learn more. I am willing to start out at the bottom and work my way up. I would like to stay in the Northwest area (washington, oregon, idaho, montana) but could possibly relocate.
    I graduated in spring of 2013 with a degree in Associates of Arts. I have taken a year in sculpture and worked with different mediums. Also I am very handy; I have designed and built many rabbit hutches, chicken coops, sheds, and other structures.

I can send a resume and pictures of my work

Thanks for looking!

2. jlapp5

jlapp5 Member

Hey Kayla, my name is Jesse Lapp. I have a friend in Cass County, Michigan who owns a successful taxidermy, meat processing, and bulk food shop call Bullseye Marketplace. His taxidermist just relocated to a different state so he is in desperate need of another good taxidermist. He's very generous and is an awesome businessman. His store has about 2000-2500 people through per week! Email me if you're interested. [email protected]

3. Kayla S

Kayla S New Member

Hi Jesse, thanks for the offer but Michigan is a bit too far for me to relocate to. I am looking for somewhere in the Northwest

4. billb

billb Member

Kayla, my friend just East of Bozeman is looking for some good dependable help. May be worth your while. PM me and I can give you his contact info...

5. Gmkkmg

Gmkkmg New Member

Texas
    I cant help you find a job. However hopefully by posting on here I can give you encouragement. I was in the same situation as you I went through a six week corse in Texas and had been looking for employment in the field for about 3 years before I got my opportunity. Hopefully it wont take you near as long as it did me the economy really set me back as far as finding someone hireing. I just recently got my opportunity I started my new taxidermy job 2 weeks ago and all I can say is it was well worth the time I put into the search for an opportunity and all the rejections of not getting hired by the many shops I visited. So my word of advice for you is stay positive and if it takes you a while just dont give up its well worth all the time and energy you will invest into finding something. Good luck in your job search be persistant and you will find something.

6. Kayla S

Kayla S New Member

Thanks for the encouragement, I really love doing taxidermy and wont give up. Good to hear that you were able to get a job, Thanks again :)

7. Big Cat

Big Cat Member

Give us a call we are hireing right now need someone to start Monday. 970-824-9624 Or go to BigCatTaxidermy.com