1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

1000 + inches of antler

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Heath Cline, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    1000+ inches of antler headed to a client in Colorado, all in one crate.
    Just thought I would show the crate for four deer heads we built today.
    I remember in the past some people asking questions about building shipping crates. So I thought I would show some pictures of the process. The bad thing is I didn't think about taking pictures at the beginning. But I hope these still show some ideas for those looking.
    In the one picture you can see three of our single deer head crates ready to ship. With our single head crates, the deer head is screwed to the bottom of the crate, laying flat. With this bigger crate with the four heads, we put two down flat & then hung the other two.
    This crate is 48"x56"x48".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Looks great, what freight company? I sent some to Boston via yellow freight and their forklift operators managed to poke a good hole through my wood box.

3. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Ouch !! Hope you had insurance on them !!
    These are going FedEx Freight because the client is using his FedEx account. I normally use taxidermy freight for my freight shipments. On single deer heads I just use regular FedEx.

4. Wow. That's a lot of bone in that box.

5. Heath they from the south camp? LOL.
    Nice stuff!

6. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Looks good and I bet you will feel better when the report comes back to you that they all made the trip fine!!