1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #31

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by RusTax, Aug 13, 2013.

1. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Greetings to all my friends on hobby! I apologize for being late, but yesterday I was away on business ...
    As you probably know. I'm from Russia, I'm 26 years old, live in a small town about four hundred kilometers from Moscow to the north. Here I am working.I became interested in taxidermy when I was 12 years old, I was still at school and my interest in this study strongly disturbed, I did not want to do boring lessons and head was full taxidermy.At the time, I did not have any literature on the subject of taxidermy, the internet was still a rare phenomenon and information catastrophically lacking. But I was obsessed, and even chased down what ever information. For two years I eksprementiroval myself, then I accidentally came upon a copy of the book of a famous taxidermist from St. Petersburg,and from that moment began conscious work. methods described in this book were of course already outdated, but I at least knew how to do it correctly. I must say that the methods of preparation since then has not changed much, only the changed assembly methods and new materials.
    After another five years, I had the Internet, began to communicate with colleagues from other cities, and found friends in my neighborhood. After takidermiyu I also came to hunt, as the raw material for work and practice to take bylor somewhere. But the problem is that I was 14 years old, and a firearms license in our country can only be obtained with a 18-year-old age.Luckily my older friends have been hunters and shortage of raw materials I did not have, in addition we have allowed fishing warblers and familiar birders have also provided me the birds.While I was in school, I'm very fond of biology and wanted to be a biologist, and I at that time wanted to build my own collection of European bird species and, if possible, zverey.vremya went by, I became increasingly deepened, the quality of my work I have always not happy and I was looking for better ways of working with birds.Approximately 15-16 years of age, I learned that there are several companies that manufacture or import modern equipment for taxidermy in Russia. W e have seen animals that make using these technologies, for us it was a shock ... We never even could not imagine that such a quality is a reality.But gradually we got used to everything, and now even can not imagine working without it.
    Another step forward was the participation in the championships, it prostobestsenny experience for professional taxidermist and now I do not miss a chance of attending to all such events. In addition the organizers invited igostrannyh judges from Europe and the USA,for us, these guys were out of reach values ​​in taxidermy, so much we owe them and thank them for the fact that to this day come to us in the Championship. We very much appreciate the fact that they openly share their experiences with us.

2. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    I think the lyrics is enough. it's time to start the week, I'll be glad to see your work

3. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Unfortunately, at the moment I have not a lot of work, perhaps I'll start here with these
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the decoration of my work done in Russia known taxidermist and our teacher, Alexander Sokolov

4. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

5. babak

babak Active Member

amazing job rustax!!

6. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Thanks guys, where's your work?

7. I felt bad for putting a bird on BOTW#30 and not here so I found a quail mount I did for a customer last year.My customer made the wood base and put the foliage and the little skeleton on it himself.

Attached Files:

8. JBird

JBird Member

OY ! which thread to post on - Atwater I hope you don't mind I picked Rustax to post because my bird seems more towards his genre - but I am working on some quail that I think would fit our US host ;D and hope to have some photo's of soon -

ok - great stuff (Rustax - for how young you are - your work is astonishing - heck - for any age - beautiful)

A giant Cape Griffin Vulture - span just shy of 9' I don't want anyone to ever complain about how bad seaducks smell - cause this think STANK !!!

[​IMG]

9. 689

689 Well-Known Member

now that is friggen sweet lookin bird....

10. One of my favorite birds to shoot

Attached Files:

• klm.JPG
      klm.JPG
      File size:
      32.7 KB
      Views:
  11. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Guys, thank you for your participation and understanding, I want to apologize again for this confusion associated with my late, I'm embarrassed, :-[ but I had no way to make it.

birdstuffer, beautiful quail, I always dreamed of working with this bird, from the moment I first saw it, it is very funny and he has an unusual appearance, we have no such
    JBird, you're just a unique person, not only that you're doing famously complex in the birds, so you're doing a fantastic replication and literally out of nothing. I just really appreciate the professionalism in any field and in taxidermy - especially, .Аbout the smell, I know what you mean, I myself have yet to work with like a bird, I've had time to explore and enjoy all the stench.
    MireTaxidermy,тhis is also one of my favorite ducks, they can not as a rich color, but a very elegant appearance. by the way, very well turned out

12. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Wow,,, its been a while since I checked here last,, too much on my plate.
    Beautiful works everyone, Rustax, love your Gos and more than that the Hare, is absolutely awesome.. great work.

JBird,,, just pack your chits and get out of here because its you that Stink, not that Vulture. You just have very good photoshop skills that take a living bird picture and edit it into your backdrop makes it look like you mounted it. everyone knows what sign you have hanging on your car mirror (guy on a Wheelchair),, yeah but who knows that on here, only me. I know what a handicap can do. Photoshopping. :p 8) ;D ;D ;D
    Im logging off now, it really smells bad here. ;D

13. 2wbdft

2wbdft Member

RusTax, great works!

JBird- :eek: Impressive as always! 8)

14. JBird, that vulture is stunning. I've stood downwind from a couple of condors before...eyes are still burning! Beautiful work, RusTax, wonderful snapshots of true life. Valley quail are my favorite upland bird to hunt, very nice representation birdstuffer. And bull sprig are by far my favorite duck to hunt, nice work!

15. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

Jbird, awesome...!

16. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    thank you for your comments, my friends!However where's your bird? falco ,because you're an authority on birds of prey and by the way your birds a long time since we have not seen

17. Wouter

Wouter Member

Jbird, I absolutely love your vulture, you're so lucky to get such birds without even a single broken feather, like your maraboo last month. Did you use the real bill for this vulture or did you cast it? If these are your private birds, I would love to see some pictures of your shop where al these huge flying birds are hanging.

Wouter

18. babak

babak Active Member

Jeff,you're absolutely a genus ,that vulture is stunning,cool mount!!

19. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Rodney Dangerfield... ;D

Attached Files:

20. JBird

JBird Member

thanks for all the wonderful votes of confidence - its hard to post on this thread with so many masters - especially the euro's (and Falco) and their incredible raptor work (that includes you rustax) Wouter I did use the real bills on both the stork and vulture - just to big to warrant a cast head with what it would end up weighing and the guage wire required to hold it sturdy - OY !! but don't think I didn't think of you as I was cleaning the skulls (I need to PM you sometime soon) needless to say my little shop is now at maximum capacity ;o) I really want to do an african great white pelican flying which beats them all in wingspan but can't for the life of me figure out where the heck to put it -

Glass eye - what a great mount and even better title - looking at that bird he does look like Rodney Dangerfield - bwahaha