1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What would be a good fish dvd

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by joebrinkley, Aug 13, 2013.

1. What would be a good dvd to learn how to mount crappy, or can i just use a bass dvd, are they the same mounting techniques, I have never done a fish before and have 4 crappy, but no bass at all. And can't get none. I have looked all over for this info. Can someone please help with this one. I have been doing taxidermy for about 2 years now and would like to start doing fish some. I just really want to learn this on my own with out going back to school. I can get a bass dvd all day long but just can find what i need for crappy. :-\

2. If you google how to mount a crappie I believe there are some videos posted online. There is quite a bit of free info on the net if you search for it. I know there was a crappie video. The guy was a little creepy. Talked to his cat quite a bit through the mounting process but it's free.

3. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

Mounting a crappie is no different than anyother fish, with one major exception. They are extremely prone to losing scales.There should be plenty of information on crappie issues in the archives.

4. HOOKJAW

HOOKJAW Member

Invest in the Breakthrough fish manual

5. Thank you all for the info. I've got the breakthrough fish manual on order now. Thank you so much.

6. tviper56

tviper56 Active Member

I agree with T. Also, if you go to Ken's corner I believe there is a paint schedule for black crappie and white crappie. The other difference from a bass is the mouth area. The mouth of the crappie will tear easier so be plenty careful in working around it. I have used a product called "Simple" fish tan and degreaser by Noonkester. It is very simple to use and I find it really keeps the scales on any fish. Good luck and keep mounting.

7. davehyer

davehyer Active Member

All of Rick cranes