1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Post your pics - excellent taxidermy!!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by FullCryHounds, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Posted on Craigslist, $500

Attached Files:

2. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Making fun of other people's work is pointless

3. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Man that is a pretty bear!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!

4. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Jerry, you just say that because you know your work will NEVER look like that LOL

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

..... and I was so proud of that bear :(

6. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Not as proud as I was of my leopard

[​IMG]

And my award winning red fox

[​IMG]

7. grumpa

grumpa Active Member

Jerry, and any body else--- We SHOULD make fun of other people's work. The fact nobody does criticize, is why there are so many hacks in this business.
    But on the other hand, you're right that it is pointless. No standards no criticism, just pat everybody on the back that does a terrible deer head, even if the antlers are on backwards. Heck, if it's got feathers it's a great pheasant mount. And on and on and on. Joe Kish should have been the one to tell people they are a taxidermist or not. Some people are doing the same terrible work that they did 50 years ago. And it's because nobody told them their work looked like a pile of dog crap.

8. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

That's all fine and good grumpa, but making fun of someone and critiquing their work to be helpful are two completely different things. Never said pat anyone on the back or any of that bs you posted.

9. dablaw

dablaw Member

OMG i about lost it on that Leopard...Looks like it should either have treble hooks on the feet or have a slot to put a quarter in to ride...This made my freakin day...

10. [​IMG]

11. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

I do agree, critiquing and "making fun" are two different things. The mounts I posted are, clearly, extremes when it comes to "bad taxidermy" and they have been around a while but I would be careful of making fun of mounts on Ebay or Craigslist because yes, they could very well be mounts done by someone on here. My first few animals I did were horrible ... I appreciated critiques but as a beginner I think I would have been shattered if someone "made fun" of it.

12. grumpa

grumpa Active Member

Well I guess I'm just from the politically incorrect side of the fence. Tell me any of you didn't laugh when you saw the leopard. Why is every body afraid to say what they think?? Especially if it's the truth.

13. petasucks

petasucks New Member

Grumpa guess no one has thick skin any more

14. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

A better idea might be to post pictures of our first (awful) mounts. Then we can laugh safely. hahaha.

These were my first mounts. Oh, how proud of them I was. Rats with little bodies made of newpaper bunched into a tube shape, beads for eyes and pipe cleaner tails. And little unskinned feet that began to smell after a while. Wow ...

[​IMG]

15. dablaw

dablaw Member

Im sorry but get a sense of humor...One of my sons walked by just now and said what the heck..So thats where "Catdog" went to....For the second time today i about spewed a perfectly good budweiser on my screen....Good stuff.....Damn Mike your bear SUX!! lolol..

16. grumpa

grumpa Active Member

Amy, I'd post pictures of my first stuff, but I did them before cameras were invented.